“Why have I not been here before??”

Esquires Coffee Worthing
Ranked #9 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Worthing
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Very rarely go into Worthing but glad we stopped by here! A really nice clean, tidy and comfortable place with friendly and helpful staff who know both how to smile and also help out less able customers. We sat by the counter on the comfy armchairs and saw good customer service time and again. My partner's peppermint tea was a proper infusion rather than the typical teabag and my coffee was smooth and delicious. Highly recommended, especially in preference to the chain coffee shops.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A friendly and comfortable coffee stop, the staff are helpful and pleasant, the coffee is excellent the environment is restful and free WIFI is included, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Being a resident of worthing I use this coffee shop allmost seven days a week. I was amazed when a friend and member of staff told me that none of the staff would be allowed to sit with any customers during their break. These hard working polite and acomplished people do not need to be treated like this when they only get short breaks.Please you silly bosses think about it, its not just the coffee we come for, its allso the happy , polite and imaculate manner of the staff who deserve better treatment.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

It's 2017 and I was refused my items because I only had Scottish Money, was told to get some out of the cash machine and come back. I have never had this before. I was shocked. I am reviewing the service in the Coffee shop not the food because I could not get any. I do think this is really awful. I was made to feel really embarrassed. Thankfully there are many other nice places in Worthing who are more than happy to take my money.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I had just returned from a holiday in Scotland. When I tried to pay for my order, I was shocked to be told that Royal Bank of Scotland notes aren't accepted. I left as a matter of principle although I had English bank notes with me and was served without any problem whatsoever at another coffee shop across the street! Worthing Tourist Board has been working hard to encourage visitors to the area but archaic attitudes like this will do absolutely nothing to enhance its reputation.

1  Thank Anne J