“Brilliant!”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Food is amazing, staff are always happy and cheerful and always helpful! They allow dogs which is fantastic as most restaurants/cafe don’t allow dogs, they also have bowls which is lovely to watch outside in the summer, table service also! 10/10! Will be going again!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been using Marine gardens restaurant for 20yrs+, but it has gone down hill recently. Had Sunday lunch ( usually very good ), carrots were well under cooked, no pig in blanket, no boiled potatoes and the turkey used was turkey you buy for sandwich filling. Very disappointed as this was a must go to place any time we had family or friends visiting. Hopefully reviews like this will get noticed and thing will go back to the way they were. Will go again next month and review again.

4  Thank Bumpybugs3
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Being local & Having always enjoyed many breakfasts here we decided to walk down & try a Sunday roast as they always seemed to look presentable but boy I wish we hadn’t, total waste of money. The choice was Turkey or beef, I opted for Turkey, hubby chose beef. The beef was absolutely swimming in a sort of gravy, if you could call it beef, and my turkey I couldn’t even look at it let alone eat it, it was rubbery, thin, and more like an old fashioned turkey roll that cheap catering firms use totally unedable to me. The veg was ok but piled on top of the meat probably to disguise it. NEVER AGAIN ! AWFUL !

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Just watched four staff stoke and make a fuss of a dog and only one then washed his hands. The other three carried on working and including touching food with bare hands, along with handling cutlery and tables. The dog meanwhile was licking jugs, plates and cutlery on the clearance trolley.

Perhaps this should be copied to Enviromental Health !

Reviewed 7 March 2018

My 2nd time here and it is a very pleasant place to go. Our order of ham egg and chips with a good amount of salad was awesome. Huge portions and I though reasonable value.

Food was delivered quickly and very tasty.

It’s a great find. Recommended