“Birthday Dinner”

Sylvan Oak
Ranked #5 of 398 Restaurants in Worthing
Price range: US$29 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Friendly casual fine dinning food. Locally sourced produce in a lovely Sussex Village. For booking information and table reservations including opening times go to our website.
Reviewed 26 April 2018

My family & I came here to celebrate a birthday. The restaurant was very pleasant with friendly staff. The food choices were limited but what you got was excellent. Scallops and pork, liver, crab and asparagus were our starters and we had beef, sea bream & veal for main. Cheese & biscuits and cheesecake for pudding and an adapted version for the dairy free contingent.
We were free to take our time but we did have to remind staff for drinks orders but not a real deal breaker.
Not quite a value for money meal but it was a birthday celebration. To be visited for special occasions, we all had a great time.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We had the most wonderful meal with 8 of my family to celebrate my sisters birthday. There had been a mix up with our reservation but they handled it calmly and brilliantly and made our evening very special. The food was faultless and the service impeccable. This restaurant is run by the friendliest of staff, the kitchen runs like a dream, the quality of the food and its presentation is excellent. We are a ‘foodie’ family including a chef and this is our one of our favourite restaurants. Thank you to all the team at the Sylvan Oak!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant recently with my wife and was absolutely amazed at the quality of the food warm welcome by the staff and the atmosphere. I cannot think of another restaurant in Sussex that could match the standards that come out of the kitchen.
Without question the best meal I’ve ever had, and it takes a lot to keep me happy.

2  Thank Baldysteve1
Reviewed 9 April 2018

The staff were amazing and accommodated us at short notice even though the restaurant was busy. The food was very good and there was a nice buzzy atmosphere. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal - my only ask of the chef would be to be a bit more ambitious with the vegetarian option in line with the other dishes. I had stuffed aubergine, not because I'm a veggie but because I liked the sound of it, but there wasn't a huge amount to eat and it was rather unexciting and uninspired. Despite that a great night had by all and I look forward to returning.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Sunday lunch in some places can be a bit of a letdown. Not here.
This brilliant little gem of a restaurant has never let us down, no matter when we've visited. It's been a real find, and we've been coming to Findon specially, for five years.
The food is fresh, imaginative and beautifully presented. I'd compare it to a Michelin-starred restaurant happily. Service is friendly and very efficient.
Wild mushroom crepe millefeuille was super, amazing flavours, followed by Scottish Red Deer with delicious accompaniments, while my partner had a fresh crab starter, and Rose Veal- both meats melted in the mouth.
The desserts are excellent too. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Date of visit: March 2018