“Incredible roast”

Cuisines: British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best pub roast dinner I've ever had. That pork belly is incredible!!! And I could drink a pint of that gravy with a straw. The scallop starters were nice, cooked perfectly, but I wasn't a fan of the combination with samphire. Had a chocolate brownie for dessert which was exactly how a brownie should be - gooey, extremely chocolatey, and very naughty. My friend had the cheesecake, but we weren't much a fan of that.

All in all, exquisite food, lovely atmosphere and a great location. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank emmab1987186273

Reviewed 7 May 2017

3 of us popped into this pub on the off chance of a meal and we would all highly recommend the food, service, atmosphere and range of meals available. A lovely pub where you can relax, eat and feel welcomed. We will definitely visit again. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank SAM L
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Food is delicious! I would love to come back here again and I will! One of the best pubs I have ever been.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank Girdvilė T
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

This pub has a great atmosphere if you a couple, family and everything inbetween.
Frendly staff great food in a real local village.
Perfection

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank chrisby46
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We stopped using The Gun a few years ago when a previous owner totally messed up the pub. So glad we went back. The service is friendly and efficient and the food (this was a Tuesday French Night) was very good. The icing on the cake was the bill, leaving aside an expensive bottle of wine we decided to try, it came to under £40 for two courses for two people including two drinks.

Date of visit: April 2017