All reviews games room coach holiday table tennis coach parties third floor garden view steyne gardens sea front waiting staff traditional hotel restaurant staff family run hotel bit dated town centre twin room long weekend four poster bed
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My brother and I used the hotel as a meeting place and stayed for a couple of nights mid week. The hotel was great, very relaxed and the staff were all smiles and helpful.
Breakfast was a feast . Cereal, croissants, toast, full English breakfast and plenty if coffee. Superb service, our waitor was fab, very polite and courteous.
Room was comfortable, bed good , bathroom more than adequate. Clean and up to scratch.
Recommend a stay here, I'll definately rebook.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as it was advertised as dog friendly and from the outside looked lovely. When booking in was advised that actually the only place the dog could go was on the bedroom and if we wanted the breakfast we had paid for then we had to eat separately or pay £6 for room service. The bedroom was on the 3rx floor and was basic and had a care home type walk in wet room. The window did not open and the view was of a busy coach park, not at all what we expected for £113 per night.

This hotel caters specifically for elderly coach tours, not somewhere I would recommend or ever return to

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McGlory
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Stayed here for a couple of nights last week as was working in the area.
Very attractive building from the outside and very close to the sea front.
Parking is on street, but you can buy a discounted ticket from hotel reception, and there were plenty of spaces.
Reception and check-in was fine.
Décor a little jaded and could do with a little update, must be a wee while since it last had a bit of tlc.
Saying that all facilities were fine and room was functional if not basic, but does what it says on the packet.
Bar area is ok, but they do have a happy hour 5.30-6.30pm which was good.
I do have one major gripe - Breakfast is the worst value I have ever encountered in a Hotel ever. for example a full breakfast contains 1 tiny piece of incinerated bacon with a tidgy sausage - no hash browns or black pudding on the menu. Second morning I tried just scrambled egg and bacon - mistakingly thinking I may get an extra slice lol - nopes, 1 pice of stingy incinerated bacon again. Poor poor poor. - oh and cold toast !!!
Would I stay here again? mmmm not sure, certainly not worth having breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid Breakfast if hungry
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I booked this hotel on booking.com and asked for a quiet room.
I was attending a friends wedding reception so just required one night.
This is a smashing hotel for the cost and all staff polite.
The air conditioning in my room was amazing, Bed very comfy.
I would have given five stars except the shower is not good and the Loo would not flush.
But this can happen in any hotel.
The manager contacted me a month ago to say that an event is taking place in the park that evening so may be some noise.
This I feel is going the extra mile and was much appreciated.
I have no problem recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for air conditioned room so you can shut window
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Just had a few days in Worthing and stayed here. My room was very spacious clean and comfortable and although it faced the bus station at the back of the hotel it did not bother me in the slightest. Yes there was noise but that is to be expected.
Plenty of refreshments in the room after a long day of walking !
The staff at the hotel were welcoming and friendly and the breakfast was very good. It is an old hotel but very authentic even with creaky floorboards!
I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo