All reviews games room coach holiday table tennis third floor steyne gardens traditional hotel sea front sea view waiting staff restaurant staff bit dated long weekend town centre four poster bed twin room full english street parking
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I booked this hotel on booking.com and asked for a quiet room.
I was attending a friends wedding reception so just required one night.
This is a smashing hotel for the cost and all staff polite.
The air conditioning in my room was amazing, Bed very comfy.
I would have given five stars except the shower is not good and the Loo would not flush.
But this can happen in any hotel.
The manager contacted me a month ago to say that an event is taking place in the park that evening so may be some noise.
This I feel is going the extra mile and was much appreciated.
I have no problem recommending this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for air conditioned room so you can shut window
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Just had a few days in Worthing and stayed here. My room was very spacious clean and comfortable and although it faced the bus station at the back of the hotel it did not bother me in the slightest. Yes there was noise but that is to be expected.
Plenty of refreshments in the room after a long day of walking !
The staff at the hotel were welcoming and friendly and the breakfast was very good. It is an old hotel but very authentic even with creaky floorboards!
I will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautifully located in Worthing right up from the sea and faces a lovely park. Inside the quality varies. We arrived on a warm afternoon to find the sun beating into our back room (facing a bus parking area) and while there was an air conditioning unit, it was not working. The room was clean and ok but very warm.

However they also host events so be prepared for loud music and late night merry makers right outside.

The breakfast was fine. Worthing is a nice vacay seaside town but lots of partying. At least while we were there.

The rooms facing the front had lovely park views but I was told you hear everything on the street.

I would not rank it as low as some other reviewers did but it was a bit of a let down after the other hotels on our tour. The location is great.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed there overnight. Building looks beautiful on the outside (where the entrance is); however the decoration on the inside was dark. The corridor and carpet on our floor (3rd floor) was in dark green colour, the room was a bit brighter but looked old and tired and smelled stuffy. Bedding was clean, but mattress was very soft and lack of support. You could wake the other person up just by turning around. Sea view from the room was nice, but window was dirty, breakfast was ok.

Overall we think the hotel needs serious refurbishment. It is overpriced in its current condition. Staff was friendly, location was good.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night and having admired the outside of the Chatsworth on many past trips, we were looking forward to trying it out.
Overall the room was comfortable enough for our needs but more than a cursory look revealed a few areas that could definitely be improved on, see pictured a mould spot in the bathroom; a limescaled kettle; and an outdated phone. The information book in the room was also missing a few pages and there was no map of any kind. Staff were efficient but not particularly friendly.
But, the bed was comfy and clean, the shower fair enough and the towels drying. And the view was good.
Overall, if we had been asked to guess the price for the room, we would have said half of what we actually paid. It did the job but would not stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple