“Best pizza for ages!!”

Ranked #12 of 400 Restaurants in Worthing
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Friendly place, no frills but the best pizza I have had in a long time! Seriously good and great value. Will most certainly be back soon for more ! (diet ruined :/)

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The quality and value are excellent, we had set lunch 2 courses and pizza was lovely.

Really don't need to say more but this app demands it, so stupid.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

It had been a long, hot Sunday upcycling some furniture for my new pied-a-terre and my partner & I were both in need of refreshment and sustenance. That said, we were on a budget and needed to be frugal, given that it’s month-end and the said new pied-a-terre has incurred all kinds of recent expenditures. So we headed out to Worthing town centre to Ask Italian, thinking we could get a basic, sort of Italian meal at a reasonable price and quite quickly.

On arrival, Ask Italian was busy and the staff seemed both stressed and stern-faced. After being ignored for a while, we decided we didn’t want to burden the staff any further with our custom, thereby adding to their stress, so we decided to go elsewhere. There are in fact a number of independent Italian restaurants nearby so if you fancy a good value Italian meal in Worthing, you don’t need to go to one of the chains – there are other options nearby which are more authentic, offer better value and have more hospitable and welcoming service.

We chose Pomodore e Mozarella who have a “three courses for £19.95” dinner option. The restaurant is small, homely and simply decorated, if a little old-fashioned. Our waitress was very pleasant and welcoming. For our starters, I chose parma ham & melon – a simple classic and difficult to get wrong. The melon was juicy & fresh and a nice counterpoint to the dried meat. It came with some rocket which didn’t particularly add to the dish and could have benefited from some oil or dressing. My partner chose minestrone which was tasty too – the vegetables were still al dente and it was made with rice rather than the usual pasta.

For our mains, we both chose lasagne. The version we chose was made with lamb and goats cheese – this was a daily special but they kindly included it as part of the £19.95 offer. This was a rich, hearty, tasty dish that was well made and whilst heavy, wasn’t too much… we both enjoyed it. If you’re hungry, this is the option to go for. For dessert, we shared a tiramisu and some mixed ice creams. The tiramisu was a little lacking in flavour – it was bland and had been sitting in the fridge for a while, I think. It need more of a coffee/chocolatey hit to be a success. The ice creams were a mix of vanilla and chocolate and were okay.

We had a carafe of the house rose which was pleasant but nothing special. Overall, our bill came to around £26 a head with wine which we felt was good value and certainly better value than Ask Italian. Service was pleasant, there’s a nice friendly ambience, and the dishes are mostly well made homely Italian classics – definitely worth a visit and good to support an independent business like this, which is offering a more honest product than the rather cynical chains.

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank sheoirse
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend had two starters (home made chicken liver pate and whitebait) and I had a pescatora pizza which as always was knock out.
Eaten here for years and years and it's always authentic and well prepared food.
Very tasty and great staff who are very good.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I had lunch here with friends and had the special offer which included a pizza. Friendly staff, and food nicely cooked. I have been here several times.One of my favourites in Worthing.

Date of visit: November 2016