“The place to stay in Yeovil” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Manor

The Manor
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Yeovil
Stoke on Trent, England
“The place to stay in Yeovil”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in the stables - very quiet. In room 52, we couldn't even hear the sound of cars.
The welcome was good. The receptionist was very nice and helpful.
The room was fine, with a very soft bed. Not ideal if you've got back trouble but it was fine for us.
The shower was good and the towels were thick, soft and changed daily.
Clothes storage was fine if you're staying for a few days.
Breakfast was very good and the evening meals were good value. Not the best food, but for the price we couldn't complain.
A big plus for me was real ale at the hotel bar. A rarity in hotels.
The bad points - the service at meal times could be better and I don't like to see waitresses chewing gum while they're working.
All in all, everything was good, but not great, hence the 4 out of 5.
I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, simply because Yeovil is a place to visit just the once, but if you need to stay in Yeovil, this is the place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IanCol
OldEnglishInns, Owner at The Manor, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, we always appreciate all your feedback at Old English Inns and constantly work hard to deliver service and value. We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Inns soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Korean first
Lymm, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I booked 2 rooms for family members joining me for a big family gathering. Both parties thoroughly enjoyed their stay at The Manor Hotel. Lovely comfy rooms and a very good breakfast. Considering I booked the rooms on a non-refundable basis, the cost of the rooms made this only slightly more expensive per night than larger budget hotel chains in the area, so all in all great value for money. I recommend this hotel to anyone. I have used the restaurant and function facilities in the past and they are also of a high standard, the only downer on this would be the slightly high bar prices and very expensive wine.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rattler52
OldEnglishInns, Owner at The Manor, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. At Old English Inns we really value every one of our customer’s comments. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Old English Inns in the future.
Warwickshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I arrived at 9pm - long business day - was worried i might have missed last order for dinner and was greeted by Laura (I believe that's her name). It was the warmest of welcomes. She immediate reassured me dinner would be fine and on her advice i went and settled into my rather comfy room rather than just dump my stuff and race back down the restaurant. To say my spirits were lifted is an understatement. Food was not up to standard in my opinion - I know I was late, the last guest - and I felt the waitress rushed me rather - but the breakfast was not much better. Shame. Not inedible by any means just not good enough.

Room Tip: I did see a review which advised "avoid room 18" well I didn't need to as I was given...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MJB2403
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at our Old English Inn. We value all your comments, and take them on board to offer the best service and value. We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Old English Inns in the future.
Marlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just got back from 2 night stay at The Manor in the main building. It has had a make over since our last visit and we would go back again if in the area. The Sunday roasts are very good value. The breakfasts are good; the only complaint being that the chef doesn't think you should have porridge and eggs and bacon etc. I can't eat wheat so don't have toast etc. It would be good if they catered for people with allergies etc. (They couldn't manage a gravy without wheat either)

Room Tip: When you book through central reservations you don't know which room you are getting until you a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Owner at The Manor, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We always take your comments on board to deliver the best service and value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Inns soon.
Redditch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed at The Manor whilst working in Yeovil.
Stayed in the Stable block and in the main building.
I preffered the main building although my colleague preffered the Stables.
Bit of noise from the next room extractor fan during the night, but apart from that i enjoyed my stay.
Had a very early early breakfast, which was nice, tea, toast, fruit juice and cereal.
I only ate in the restaurant a couple of times but my colleague went through the menu.
All the staff were very proffesional.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business