“Really great lunch”

Number 50 Cafe
Ranked #15 of 207 Restaurants in Yeovil
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: All home-made cakes and freshly prepared specialities. We pride ourselves on taste and quality meals with a variety of teas and coffees. We also offer a wide range of vegan and vegetarian dishes.gluten free options.and can cook bespoke dishes to order
Reviewed 21 October 2018

We wnnt there because we were going to be passing close by Yeovil on a long journey and because of the TripAdvisor reviews. And it certainly didn't disappoint.

I had an excellent gluten-free roasted-vegetable and cheese quesadilla and my wife had the tuna, sweetcorn and mayonnaise panini. Both were very good indeed. I particularly appreciated the range of choice and the clear ingredient information for coeliacs like me.

My wife even got a nice glass of white wine with her lunch.

All round, well worth the detour.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018

What a lovely find! We found this café listed on the Happy Cow app as we were looking for somewhere with vegan options and it turned out to be excellent. I had the cottage pie and my husband had the stuffed mushroom off the specials menu, both were generous and very tasty, great home cooked food! I was surprised at the melted cheese topping on the cottage pie and the helpful lady (owner?) told me that they use Violife Pizza vegan cheese. We couldn't resist the vegan cakes of course and ended up eating too much but left as very happy customers who will definitely return on our next trip through the area.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

This lovely little eatery is not just ‘a cafe’. Set away from the crowds, it’s a haven for anyone seeking something more than the usual offering of fast food. The menu is vast, with options for all tastes including a good variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes. Food intolerances are not just catered for but embraced. The staff are knowledgeable, helpful and understanding plus, with the variety offered on the menu, there’s something for everyone. The vegan “cottage pie” was served free from wheat and soya and was absolutely delicious! The children’s menu is wholesome and again addressed our food intolerances. Yes, burgers and chips are on the menu too, and equally delicious .

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Always a kindly greeting when you arrive. Service and food always excellent. They do close just before three so give yourself time to enjoy the delights of Cafe 50.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

A very good choice of food and very friendly staff nothing too much trouble always ready to help if required

Date of visit: July 2018