“Nice Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #17 of 241 Restaurants in Ashford
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A traditional country pub featuring a wealth of beams and open fires with a simple, unspoilt front bar and cosy restaurant bar.Set in the historic village of Little Chart in the heart of the Kent countryside, we have a lovely riverside garden and offer delicious home made food using only the finest local produce.We specialise in traditional English cuisine with a wide variety of dishes on offer from both our main menu and our ever changing specials boards. We'd much prefer to see you in person but for details of our latest offers and upcoming events, please visit our website. We are closed on Mondays. We serve food every day 12:00pm to 9:00pm . On Sundays we provide Sunday Lunch with a selection of Starters & Desserts from 12:00pm to 7:00pm We have a lovely childrens menu and a fabulous play area. Bring the children to meet Eric and Ernie our resident Donkey and Pony.
Reviewed 20 September 2016

We had Sunday lunch, which is a roast based menu. The service was excellent and, especially as they were fully booked, we were served very promptly.

The food was well cooked and the home made deserts in particular were excellent. The roast beef was well cooked, which may have been too much for some, but suited my taste.

Certainly worth a return visit.

Roy O, Manager at The Swan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review regarding our Sunday Roasts at the Swan Inn. We always try and cook our Beef medium to well, due to customers requests. We certainly hope that you will come and visit us again. Many thanks from all the Staff at the Swan.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely pub, people and scenery. The landlord and staff are very friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble, the food is top class. Looking forward to coming back again I will highly recommend it to anyone

Roy O, Manager at The Swan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you for your kind comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed visiting our pub. I have to obviously stipulate that we do not provide accommodation at present incase anyone reading this "wonderful place to stay" might think otherwise. We hope to have this rectified soon. I really hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Had the most amazing meal and wonderful service, the landlords were so friendly and we will certainly be making many return visits to sample more food from the delicious menu. I would highly recommend a visit.

Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased that you enjoyed the food and I am still blushing from your comments about the Landlords being friendly or could that be the sunburn I have? We do hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Great food, great hosts, great beer. Will certainly return. Perfect location with great walks around. Will go back for a Sunday Lunch

Thank you for your post, really pleased that you enjoyed the pub and that you will return for a Sunday Roast. Please be sure to call us and book, as this can be a very busy day. See you again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Visited with a colleague and friend without booking. Menu simple but a decent mix of choices. I had a Norfolk pie, nice portion size, lovely filling and great gravy. My friend had lasagne with garlic bread and salad, nice size and was told it was tasty. Shared a sticky toffee pudding lovely flavour but missing fruit in it. Beer choice was excellent

I am so sorry that I have not replied sooner. I remember serving you both myself and I am pleased to read you enjoyed your experience with us. We like to be simple and tasty as we class ourselves as a Pub and not one of these new places opening up in villages ruining it for the locals. We are proud to provide home cooked food at affordable prices. With regards to Sticky Toffee Pudding we have gone from customer feedback and people prefer it without the fruit, but we will certainly take your comments on board. We hope that you can visit us again and a big thank you from all the staff at the Swan.