“Christmas Lunch”

Ranked #2 of 237 Restaurants in Ashford
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A locally run cafe bistro specialising in good quality coffee, breakfast, lunch, and homemade cakes.
Reviewed 8 December 2017

My wife is part of a walking group who meet here regularly and they booked it for their Christmas Lunch. I was able to go along to enjoy the festive food. We were in total 30. The main course was a carvery which was cooked to perfection, even the Yorkshire puddings were close to the real thing, coming from Yorkshire, praise indeed. The sweet/pudding course was also amazing. Coffee was served throughout the meal. I must admit the whole meal exceeded my expectations and I'm sure we will return as I hear they do a great Sunday roast. The service from the staff was 101%. Thanks for making our lunch so enjoyable.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent Sunday lunch. Three types of meat cooked to perfection with good selection of vegetables. I thoroughly recommend it on a Sunday. I have also been there on a weekday with friends and it’s also good.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Last minute decision to go when we noticed they had spare tables for Sunday, had the gammon plenty of meat great choice of veg, the gravy was excellent , the cauliflower and broccoli bake was great, only small Cristicism is the yorkshires which I think were commercially bought as they were bland - homemade would be so much nicer which is such a shame when they are so easy made and even frozen! But would definitely come again. Fantastic value at less then £15 for 2 courses and the brownie my daughter said is the best she has ever had.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I went to join a meeting being held here. The cafe was nice and in good grounds.

There are two good size meeting rooms that hold 20- 30 people at a guess. I was just presenting but they seemed pretty good and worth considering if you need a venue in the area.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I've been here several times now , it's a walk away from my house , the coffee is great and always made to feel really welcome ... the brownies are so so good .
I went for coffee the other morning and the smell of all their home made cakes was amazing . I love that every thing is made by them and not brought in . Have had lunch here to food is perfect . Have yet to try the roast but will do as they are famous round here .