“Not the best....”

Ranked #28 of 158 Restaurants in Basildon
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice enough inside although seat a bit tatty on the booth we were in near the window.......southern fried chicken burger slightly dry, skin on fries delish, chocolate orange cake very odd - had some kind of marmalade goo towards the top. All of it left me feeling very sick and dehydrated later on......waitress rushed us a bit too. Even with 30% off voucher was still pretty expensive for what we had.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I went here for a work do Ona Friday afternoon. The waitress was very good, unfortunately I can’t remember her name, it she was very attentive to the group, and remembered drinks orders without having to repeat them, so in that regard, very impressed.
The food itself is of good quality, they are very helpful in amendments to the menu to cater for Vegans which is very helpful, as a lot of places aren’t so accommodating.
The drinks are very good, some good cocktail selections to choose from.
So overall I would rate this place as average, it’s ok for a place to go if you don’t mind waiting ages for your food and paying silly prices for drinks.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Food was tasty, well seasoned and nicely presented. Not mind blowing but nor was it pretentious and matched the price tag for quality really well. But actually it was the service that impressed us, to many of these big, mass branded restaurants have a high turnover of disinterested staff and it was refreshing to the that everyone who looked after us was really good. particularly Maddie who was observant, efficient and knowledgable, it made for a really nice experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I visited with my family and the menu choices looked great. Good start but this is where it ended. I ordered the Jambalaya. No Flavour, zero spice, the prawns with the shells on were black one end and I had some unidentifiable object in with my dish which the waitress ( who was very helpful and professional) later established from the chef ( I use this term loosely) that it was apparently Un dissolved stock cube!??
My wife had the burritos which looked dry and over cooked. I wasn’t going to complain or write a negative review but the waitress advised me how the Chef was not interested in my feedback so here is my review on your over priced unwhelming restaurant! Will not be back

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Good service mediocre food. Got an ultimate fajita which I finished in about 5 mins the steak came out tough and chicken was rubbery with only 3 wraps but hey ho I enjoyed it. Bartender Miguel is amazing