“Very nice”

Ranked #17 of 123 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$53 - US$53
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Description: Simply Thai Restaurant, Buxton, opened in 2004 and our main aim was to bring you an authentic taste of Thailand in a Thai-inspired surrounding, along with the famous Thai hospitality by our attentive and charming Thai staff.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was excellent my girlfriend booked here for my birthday recently as I love Thai food. Had one of the banquets which was tasty the mixed started with dips was Brill then the green Thai curry with the rice was fantastic I wouldn't recommend the sweet and sour beef that came with the banquet I would go for the other banquet even though this was the dish I was looking forward to most it was OK but nowhere near as tasty as the other dishes. Atmosphere and decor are great and the staff seem lovely.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited this restaurant with high expectations,ordered the vegetarian set meal which included a tai curry only after tasting found out it contained fish sauce after pointing this out to the waitress &asking her to replace it they didn’t seem to grasp what was wrong with no apology or any concept of anything being wrong, & after again pointing this out again on paying the bill still no awareness from the saff that this wasn’t a vegetarian dish & should be revised on the menu , left very disappointed & would not visit again so vegetarians beware visit at your peril

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel to Thailand a lot and love Thai food . But hard to get the real deal in UK . Simply Thai has it . Great menu offer with tasty authentic Thai dishes . One of the the Pad Thai dishes I have ever tasted .Speedy and charming service - prices reasonable too .

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

After a lovely day in Autumn sun in the countryside we finished up in Buxton on our way home & decided to treat ourselves to a Thai. Lovely staff and nice surroundings, choice and quality of food was very good and we will be back.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Nice to have a different environment en fast service. Excellent compared tho the slow service in the nearby hotel. Had a nice evening with good food. We had Set Menu D for four people so we could try different things.