US$165
US$113
US$102
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$93
US$86
The Westminster Hotel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$83
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Abode(Buxton)
US$90
US$87
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Lime Tree Holiday Park(Buxton)(Great Value!)
Barms Farm(Buxton)
Agoda.com
Hargate Hall(Wormhill)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsnearby pubb and bbiscuitspeak districtroyal oakfabulous breakfastinternet connectionlovely countrysidegreat place to staybed and breakfastbase for exploringfeel very welcomenext morningon arrivalfull english breakfastcowsyasmin
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Had a wonderful two night stay at Fernydale and only wish it could have been longer. I used this as a base for a Challenge walk nearby and nothing was too much trouble from the time I arrived. Yasmin made me very welcome and offered to have a full breakfast ready early for me to get off the next morning for the walk start. Everything was plentiful, of great quality and beautifully cooked. The choice was extensive and the fresh fruit salad with a range of plain and flavoured yoghurts with dried fruit, seeds and mixed nuts was very welcome. Scrambled egg with smoked salmon and freshly made porridge was also an option, along with a choice of wholemeal, white or granary bread as a toast option, with seven varieties of marmalade/jam/honey/lemon curd etc.
When I arrived back after the Challenge, the family were having a barbeque outdoors and invited me to join them. I didn't take up the kind genuine offer as I had eaten, but such a thoughtful gesture.
I enjoyed a wonderful bath, the best of everything toiletry wise is provided, quality products and lots of extras such as cotton wool buds, wipes, shower caps, sewing kits etc. Shower was also very powerful and temperature even.
Bed was so comfortable and I had stunning views from the window over the hills, as well as the cows feeding in the field just below the farm.
So many luxury extras were supplied, Mocha, Cappuccino, hot chocolate etc, which were well received. Also some lovely Border biscuit packs.
I had a very peaceful stay. I had read the one previous recent comment about "loud bangs" throughout daylight hours and struggled to make them out. They were certainly not intrusive in any way and barely audible. If I hadn't read the comment, they wouldn't have featured at all I'm sure. Rest assured they do not deter from the enjoyment of the peace and tranquility you will find here.
I would certainly stay here again and plan to have a further break soon to enjoy and see more of this wonderful area and all it offers in this delightful b and b with Yasmin and her family.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We stayed for four nights in August 2014 - me, my wife and our 4 year old son. We had the family room which was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is superb with everything from fresh fruit salad to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, and of course a great full English breakfast with local sausages and bacon.

My son had a great time playing with the owners grand-daughter and they both cried when we left! He also liked "helping" with the cows.

Lots of things to do locally and really great food at a nearby pub that the owner recommended. We went the first night of our stay and then booked a table for the next 3 nights.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

What a shame. Beautiful Derbyshire countryside in the Peak District National Park. Lovely setting, great for families, walkers, biking.
Ferneydale farm have decided the peace and tranquility are best served by an automatic pair of gas explosions every 30 minutes in an effort to frighten away crows from eating cattle feed. It is LOUD. VERY LOUD. Penetrates the buildings. Frightened the kids, frightens me. Spoils your sleep and rest which rather defeats the point of a holiday.
Gas explosions turn off when it goes dark, but of course during the Summer this is only between 2200 and 0630.

Room Tip: bring ear plugs and some vallium
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank john s
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed for one night on our way up to the Lakes and it was fantastic. It's not cheap but it does match or exceed the finest of hotels, while being a working farm in one of the most beautifule locations in England. That's a pretty tough challenge. The breakfast was excellent, we couldn't have asked for better, and their hospitality was outstanding. Heidi was standing-in for Jasmin and did an excellent job. Even the dog loved it!

2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have been staying at the farm for over 20 years - despite wanting to try somewhere else we dare not as we know we will not find anything as good. Each time we return it gets better - lovely rooms, quality fittings, furniture and linen, friendly welcome, lovely breakfasts and the added bonus of a true working farm experience - always a recently born calf to see, I cannot recommend this place highly enough!

1  Thank David F