“Nice little cafe”

Charlottes Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Buxton
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Description: Charlotte's is a Chocolatier/Café based in the heart of Buxton, close to the Crescent and a short walk from the Opera House. Charlotte's sells a range of chocolates, most of which are hand-made on the premises. There is also a small café, serving a range of teas, coffees and hot chocolate (made with real Belgian chocolate), plus cakes and pastries. Our outside terrace is open most of the year - weather permitting!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just popped in here for a pot of tea and a latte,cafe was very busy but staff seemed very efficient and very pleasant,tea and latte arrived very quickly with a nice complimentary chocolate and we had also ordered a tea cake ,my pot of tea was really nice,sometimes I can find it strong but this was one of the nicest teas I have had,would defiantly return again if in the area.

BJ_Macc, Owner at Charlottes Chocolates, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review. It's good to hear such kind words. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This place serves the best hot chocolate ever! The chocolates, cakes and other sweet treats served here are all delicious and fresh,what's not to like?!

What a fabulous review! Thank you so much. We do try our best and, when we get comments like yours, it makes all the hard work worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back to Charlotte's very soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful chocolate and sumptuous coffee. Had an enjoyable morning sipping coffee and stocking up on chocolate for our honeymoon.

BJ_Macc, Owner at Charlottes Chocolates, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

thank you so much for such a joyful review! Happy Honeymoon from all of us here at Charlotte's. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

perfect place for afternoon tea or coffee - chose a few individual dark chocolates - not too sweet and lovely flavours.

BJ_Macc, Owner at Charlottes Chocolates, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Such a lovely review! Thank you so much. It makes all the hard work worthwhile. We hope to welcome you back to Charlotte's very soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place. The atmosphere is charming, and my husband enjoyed his scoop of ice cream but my vanilla tasted old, despite a full pan of the flavor on display. My scoop had bites of gooey, chewy emulsifiers throughout, leaving me thinking my flavor was well past it’s prime. Disappointing. Three stars because my husband’s flavor was good.

So sorry you didn't enjoy your trip to our little café. We normally get good reviews for our ice cream. I will notify our suppliers of your comments.