“Awful”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Called in for a pre theatre meal, NEVER again. Ordered Lasagne meal and a Gammon meal. The lasagne arrived burnt together with a plate of warm salad leaves. The gammon arrived shortly after with chips that were not cooked properly and eggs that were overcooked. I complained to the manager who shrugged his shoulders and said it was because they needed a cook and only had a trainee in the kitchen. Would I like to order another meal or a refund, guess what I chose.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Disappointed with portion size. The room was cold and sitting by the window was draughty. Breakfast was very good.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Great meals and menu and some very nice drinks. Staff are friendly and helpful and environment exquisite. I could spend most of my time reading the memorabilia in the passage ways

Food good, but standard fare. Will come again

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We called to enquire about adjoining rooms and had the apartment recommended to us. It was perfect for us as we could put my son to bed without having to go to bed ourselves. We had a meal sent up from the wine bar on our first night and while the dining area is small, it really was the best of both worlds. We self-cater a lot so it felt pretty luxurious especially given we travel with our dog.

The hotel itself is charming and the staff are just lovely. The breakfasts were delicious and varied with local specialities as well as standard fare. The location is perfect, really it is the most wonderful hotel and with a great sense of history.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We ate in the aptly named Whine Bar (the hotel's name not mine) and I'm whining about the food. I had liver, there was plenty of it, but I tried to eat various parts of it and it was all fatty and inedible. When I complained I was offered a free pudding but we were in a party of 6 and due to it being lunch we weren't eating pud. They then said I could have £6 off the meal (£13 original cost) so I paid for the vegetables. Not too generous as there was only mash and peas accompanying it! There was another diner in the Whine Bar who ordered liver after me and again ate none of it. Apart from this the Whine bar was cold and draughty, we all sat and ate with our coats on. I am not normally a complainer I have written a number of trip advisor reviews and this is the first one where I have complained about the food, all the rest of my reviews have been for excellent restaurants.