“Superb Breakfast ”
Review of Eat at No.5

Eat at No.5
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in Buxton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was easily our best Buxton breakfast!.
Thick slices of tasty toast, perfectly cooked scrambled and poached eggs, black pudding cooked just right - not overdone!.
Very nice host - pity it’s closed on Saturday or we’d definitely been in again

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Mine was 3 Derbyshire oatcakes with 3 rashers, 2 eggs and maple syrup. Look hoe the bacon is grilled so the small amount of fat is crispy. Look how the eggs are very fresh and perfectly fried.
My mate had full English. Both meals were excellent and we will definitely return. Very rare to find this quality for the money.
The owner invited us to park our bikes outside.

1  Thank 912phil
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We regularly come in here for lunch on a Friday. The food is great and all homemade. The staff are super friendly and really helpful.
A lot of locals come in for takeaway lunch which I would if I worked nearby.
It is small with only 3 tables so you cannot guarantee getting a table but it's worth trying!
I couldn't recommend this place more highly.
They also do party catering but I have not yet tried this.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I popped in here for a snack. I got a very warm and friendly welcome. I just had a coronation chicken bun with salad. It was excellent. Thank you very much

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Buxton is quite spread out with a lot of the more obvious attractions on one side of the hill, and the market square on-top of the hill - but Eat at No. 5 is hidden away a little, on the less "touristy"side of the hill, and well worth seeking out.

My guess is that this is owned and run by a couple, they were a great team and certainly couldn't have been more welcoming. As we were arriving so were a couple with a very young baby in a buggy, they managed to be attentive and helpful without being intrusive and moved some chairs to help fit the buggy in this quite small cafe - there is outdoor seating too, but it was just a little too cool to enjoy sitting outside the day we visited. Even as it got a little busier with some cyclists arriving outside and people coming in for take-away food orders they seemed to be attending to everyone with efficiency and a smile

We were looking for a breakfast or mid-morning snack, and their menu of choices was extensive. My wife chose the short-back bacon roll and I had the mushroom omelette which came with two slices of wonderful toast (I chose granary but both wholemeal and white were also on offer).

Everything was cooked to perfection, people think an omelette is an easy thing to cook, but it's also easy to undercook or over-cook - mine was exactly right, light and fluffy but firm. The bacon in my wife's roll was also cooked properly and the roll generously filled. I must emphasise that neither of these dishes were expensive, but they felt as though they should have been!

Coffee was also very reasonably priced and a generous size, and great flavour.

Having eaten my fill, I could only look with longing at the various other dishes appearing from the kitchen, and the choice of take-away salad boxes and paninis.

Sadly as were were only visiting Buxton for the day, we had no chance to go back, but I would have done eagerly.

I recommend the service and the food without hesitation, and urge you to go if you get the chance!

4  Thank Mark H