2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$76
CheapTicketsUS$76
Trip.comUS$89
TravelocityUS$76
Orbitz.comUS$76
Agoda.comUS$76
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2021

My wife is going through cancer treatment and as a way having a short break we booked this hotel ( massive mistake ) never again, no one wears maks, staff or residents, breakfast is a joke ( cold and left outside another residatns room by the on site joiner ) and there are no staff to complain to, no hot water to shower.
Builders carrying out work inside and outside the hotel, no information was relayed to us.

Room tip: Dont book this hotel
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank jamesjtaggart
Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

Fabulous weekend spent at the royal marine hotel . A special thank you to Ricky and staff who are very hardworking, helpful and courteous. Bed was so comfy and breakfast was fab. A very friendly environment and kids are made very welcome and catered for according to their needs. Thank you so much guys. See you all next month.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2021

I stayed at this hotel as part of a production crew for a TV programme. When arriving at the hotel I was greated to a man sat on the steps wearing pyjamas smoking a cigarette. I thought nothing of it and went to the reception. I was greeted, shown to my room and this is where the fun started. On the way to my room I noticed that the decor needed attention and the door to the dining had holes in it that looked like somebody had punched it or shot it!!! There was an over kill signage regarding COVID, one sign that made me quite shocked was DO NOT USE THE HANDRAILS ON THE STAIRS!!!.
I get to my room and check out the facilities....
No tea and coffee but a kettle, bathroom filthy, toilet seat broken and not attached and the room were being heated with electric heating as they had a problem with the boiler. Hot water was intermittent but I was lucky as I had a filthy electric shower in my room. Others in our group were not so lucky and were unable to have showers. Later that day we went for an evening meal, the menu was limited and the manager insisted that we choose what we wanted to eat when we checked in. I had chosen macaroni cheese and garlic bread..... well I never...they served me half a pack of Batchelor pasta and sauce mac & cheese and a slice of toasted garlic bread which was burnt on one side. Other members of our team also had similar experiences with one persons meal still frozen on the inside. We determined that the hotel was using microwave meals and pasta n sauces. We did not eat the meal in the end and ordered a curry from a nearby takeaway. The following day I went for breakfast, due to the absolute failure the day before I decided to play it safe an just have a slice of toast for breakfast...that was Burnt!!. We did not order an evening meal that day and got a Chinese takeaway instead. The next day at breakfast I felt a little more adventurous so decide to have a bowl of cereal... as I put the spoon in my mouth with cornflakes on it, I felt it, the spoon was dirty. I felt physically sick. They have major hygiene issues in the rooms and in the restaurant and this place needs to be closed down!!! Be warned it is really bad. Gordon Ramsey would have a field day here! I have added some lovey pictures

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank U5196EPcathym
Reviewed 29 May 2021

Hotel staff very friendly and Richard was very helpful if we needed anything during our stay .The hotel is been refurbished in parts but most of the hotel was open .The rooms were spotless and very big as was the bathroom .Looking forward to seeing the work completed as this is such a wonderful hotel so full of character

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2021

My family and I visited last weekend as it was my Mother’s 80th birthday treat from April to take her back to Dunoon where she is from. 5 of us stayed for the Saturday night.We all had a room each. Richard and I had been communicating for a couple of weeks before we arrived and he made sure everything went perfectly. Of course as we are still slowly moving out of lockdown things were not as usual there but without doubt Richard and staff made sure we had an amazing time. Super clean and the rooms we had were all just as required. Richard and his team are working hard to get the place fully ready for the Summer.Can’t wait to get back soon as 100% will stay there again.
Richards attention to guests happiness was very clear from the beginning and he went above and beyond.
Thank you.