“Very poor experience”

Ranked #28 of 548 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Charming country pub now fully refurbished. Cosy atmosphere, great fresh food, exciting drinks list and warm hospitality. A Prime British Pub With A Continental Twist!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went to The Bull's Head last week with 2 friends who's meals were both OK. My Beef Bourguignon was very poor. I couldn't see any pieces of meat in it and it was all mush and very salty. I told the barman who took it back to the kitchen. He returned saying, "There is meat in it, it's just all fallen." I did then find 4 pieces of meat and tried one which was tough and chewy and tested the other 3 with my fork which felt the same, so I left them with most of the mush. In my experience Beef Bourguignon should be a rich casserole with red wine and tender pieces of beef. How the staff could think I should accept the meal that I was given is quite unbelievable. I'm so annoyed and wont be going there again.

2  Thank Eileen K
Clare O, Guest Relations Manager at The Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi there and many thanks for your review.
We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the Beef Bourginon and by the manner in which your issue was handled. Please accept our apologies for this. We generally get excellent reviews for our food and service (In Person, on TripAdvisor, Google, Facebook etc) so naturally we were disappointed to read your opinions.
Your comments and feedback are extremely valuable in allowing us to continually improve our operation.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our favourite 'Biweekly' Haunt ... Great atmosphere, friendly staff and superb food - 100% recommended

4  Thank Lindsey S
Clare O, Guest Relations Manager at The Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi there and thank you so much for your regular support and custom.
We really appreciate the lovely review and recommendation.
See you next week!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food served efficiently by well trained staff. Try the shell on prawn starter an a steak or the lamb shank, delicious. These may have changed since my last visit, but I think you will get the idea.
Yet another pub in the Holme Inns Group.
I am just going to have to try them all.

2  Thank JHL394
Clare O, Guest Relations Manager at The Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi there and many thanks for your "excellent" review.
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to The Bulls Head and we look forward to welcoming you back or seeing you at another Holme Valley Inn very soon.
Thanks for the lovely comments - they really are appreciated.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This was our first visit to the Bull's Head having driven past it several times. It's in a lovely location for walks. The pub has a lovely atmosphere and was busy without being overcrowded, the staff are welcoming and friendly. My husband and I had fish & chips which were excellent, perfectly crispy batter and which were amazing value with the 2 for 1 Friday deal. My son was very pleased with his sausages and mash and loved the selection of vegetables that came with it. The service is friendly and efficient and we had a really pleasant lunch. We're looking forward to coming back and working our way through the rest of the menu.

3  Thank lavazzainthepiazza
Clare O, Guest Relations Manager at The Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi there and many thanks for joining us. It's always particularly special to hear from a customer discovering us for the first time.
It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed The Bulls Head welcome and the friendly atmosphere at our cosy pub in addition to the fabulous fish and chips (and the fabulous value they represent with our Friday 2 for 1 deal). Great to hear that the bangers and mash were equally well received.
Thank you so much for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Had a few meals here and never been disappointed, staff always friendly and helpful, service is great but be prepared to wait a little longer if busy (well worth the wait though).

4  Thank Julz K
Clare O, Guest Relations Manager at The Bull's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi there and thank you so much for your regular support and custom - it really is appreciated.
It was so nice to read that you "love" The Bulls Head. We do too!
Thanks for the lovely review and the kind comments on our operation.
See you next time.