“Sadly it's not a restaurant any more, just a good real ale pub.”

The Travellers Rest, Meltham
Ranked #164 of 548 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Travellers Rest is a privately owned real ale pub which has been extensively renovated. It has a country feel to fit with its beautiful surroundings with a modern industrial twist. The pub is a brewery tap of Milltown Brewery and showcases the full range of Milltown beers along with other guests beers, eight hand pulls in total We're a real ale drinkers delight! The pub offers bar snacks pork pies/ scotch eggs (supplied locally) but does not provide warm food. There are real fires to encourage you to relax on a winters evening, and the outside space lends itself to maximising the spectacular views in the summer.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A lovely place, nice atmosphere and a great selection of real ale. The pub is always nice and warm with a good car park.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We called in for dinner only to be told they do not do food anymore.
The pub has been beautifully revamped, such a shame they aren't doing food.
We only go to eat and have a drink.
It cannot be referred to as a Restaurant.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

My first visit to the Travellers Rest was to attend the Gin Night. Loved the pub. The furnishings & attention to detail are spot on. Really enjoyed the Gin night & will definitely visit again.

1  Thank Donna C
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We called in here (myself, my wife and 2 children aged 5 and 3) to meet some friends and their children for a catch up on a Saturday teatime after my wife had been the previous night with some other friends. She spoke very highly of the pub commenting on what a makeover it had since it reopened late last year so I thought we should give it a go as a family. When we arrived at the pub it was busy, it had a great atmosphere with all the locals telling stories, laughing and joking and also had some really nice ‘real’ ales. It was like a pub that I can remember when I was a child. All was going well until we decided to leave at 19.30. As I had gone to the toilet a drunk woman (who I now am told by the locals is a ‘co-owner ‘of the pub) approached my wife in an abrupt manner stating ‘management aren’t happy with your child sat in the window bottom’. If she had asked politely and been sober she would have noticed that my daughter was sat in the window bottom (watching her kindle) out of the way to allow paying customers to sit down rather than stand up and enjoy there drinks. Straight after this she then started tapping her watch and shaking her head looking in our direction making my wife feel very uncomfortable, upset and to be honest stunned at what had happened. It has left a real sour taste in our mouths as we were having a great night and also on what we thought would have been a real family oriented pub.

11  Thank Mandsrod
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Well about time somebody did something with this place, had several landlords over past few years, I understand that the present owner has purchased the property and owns a micro brewery as well, lovely sympathetic renovation, been open just before xmas 2017 and we have been several times since then and it is certainly busy, pleasant staff, good beer loads to choose from, no food, not sure if this is the way to go, but do what you do best, well worth visit.