“Only interested in you if you’ve booked”
Review of Jax Bar & Tapas

Jax Bar & Tapas
Ranked #44 of 540 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Description: Town centre tapas restaurant and bar. Sourcing local produce with everything cooked fresh to order. Live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Turned up last night just after 8 for food and asked for a table for 2 for food. Was rudely informed that they weren’t accepting any ‘walk-ins’ so couldn’t serve us despite the restaurant being half empty! Must be making too much money if you can turn custom away. Plus when I tried to book a table through the website after we left you were actually able to do so! Seems that ‘walk-in’ custom isn’t good enough for your bar. Went to Meson La Pepe around the corner for tapas and a walm, inviting welcome from an AUTHENTIC tapas bar not a pretentious wannabe one like yours. Your loss

3  Thank jenny T

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went with a group of work friends mid-week for evening meal. Loved the decor - very smart and stylish, and clean. Staff VERY attentive and knowledgeable about different drinks and food on offer. We asked for a selection of tapas and got a fantastic spread of freshly made authentic Spanish tapas, the likes of which I’ve only ever had in Spain. Usually in the UK you get the same boring olives, salami, and pre-cooked stuff but this was all gorgeous. Drinks were pricey, but very good quality, and average price for town centre. Will return definitely. Fantastic addition to the town centre. Hope it remains as classy.

1  Thank ukgirl1980
Jaxbarandtapas, Owner at Jax Bar & Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We prepare everything fresh on site and is cooked to order to give a fantastic experience. Hope to see you again soon. Paul

Reviewed 1 April 2018

After having major spinal surgery 7 weeks ago both myself and my best friend julie decided to have a catch up and we chose Jax. We both have been before and I really struggle with sitting on high seats so when booking I asked for a booth. Unfortunately because it was a busy time this was not available however to our delight on arrival it had been reserved for us. We ordered a variety of tapas that arrived hot and quickly, swordfish, meatballs, mussels, sweet potato wedges, med veg. They were all Devine especially the mussels and sweet potato wedges. After we went for drinks at kings next door and was going to not have a late one but was told that the there was music on at jax so we left and went back and to our delight we could have the booth again. We ordered a bottle of prosecco which we were asked what we liked in it. We picked pomegranate and strawberry, which fresh and juicy. It was lovely. It was fantastic night and we both were looked after amazingly. Five star service, food, five star everything. I just want to say a massive thank you to ALL the staff and the 2 guys singing for making our night so special. I definitely recommend this place to any one and I cannot wait to come back. It was also nice to see lower chairs now available so I will be bringing my mum as soon as possible. Once again thank you so much.

Thank you for your amazing review. Glad you enjoyed your night and hope to see you again soon. Paul

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch on Saturday with my 7 year old daughter and we both absolutely loved it. She is quite adventurous with food but it didn't matter as the menu is good enough anyway to please all.

We had chicken, chorizo and halloumi skewers, meatballs, courgette/pepper/halloumi fritters and potato wedges and then a cream egg cheesecake. All of which were excellent and we didn't leave a thing!
The staff were really helpful, including getting a cushion for my daughter as she was a bit small for the table!!

Really really impressed and will be going back very soon!

Jaxbarandtapas, Owner at Jax Bar & Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for such a positive review. We hope to see you guys again soon. Paul

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Booked a table on line. Arrived at 745pm. All tables were reserved. Tables are high. Couple of booths - this would have suited us more. We know to book one of these next time! I am 5ft so i had to sit on my coat to reach the high table! Anyway we ordered the tapas. Very attentive waiter, pleasant and helpful. Swordfish, pigs cheeks, meatballs, chicken skewer all great. Disappointed with the greek salad-they crumbled the feta cheese!! Unheard of. Also very disappointed that all dishes were served with 3 portions... considering there were 4 of us. This meant only 3 had the swordfish as it was cut into 3 cubes/3 meatballs etc. Shame as the food is great. Atmosphere fabulous with live acoustic guitar. We will revisit but would advise doubling up on certain dishes and asking if they would cube the feta rather than crumbling. Great decor too!

Jaxbarandtapas, Owner at Jax Bar & Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for the review. It's great for us to get some feedback. When you book online the system will ask for any requirements, if you could use this to state a low table for your next visit, it's the only way we can guarantee you get one. Thank you again.