“" It doesn't cost much to add finishing touches to your restaurant"”

Ruby's Bar & Cuisine
Ranked #167 of 358 Restaurants in Luton
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Myself and three teenagers went to Ruby's today for Sunday lunch. We were the first people in the restaurant part of the establishment. The tables were covered with what can only be described as "black lining material" clearly bought in bulk and roughly cut to fit each table..There was not the slightest bit of ambiance for dining. We had to wait over an hour for our food..The Ackee and salfish, Jallof rice and fried dumplings were excellent. Chicken Brown stew was salt, salt & more salt..
Come on Ruby's up your game if you want repeat business!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I just came back from Ruby's (a Sunday afternoon) and the food was delicious.The main problem is it's poorly managed. We had to wait over an hour for the food and it came it halves. My chips came first then I had to wait 20 minutes for my Brown chicken stew.

I'd like to say my table was the only unhappy table but out of the six tables eating, four of them were also complaining. Their meals had been messed up, some were waiting 25 minutes to order and others were going to the bar to order drinks because it was quicker than waiting for the waitress.

The food is lovely, the overall restaurant needs help. I think I'll stick to Moziah's (the other Caribbean restaurant).

Reviewed 20 June 2016

The first time I used the takeaway service the food took 2 hours to arrive and the food was nothing special but ok, as it hadn't long been open we thought we would give it another chance this time collecting the food which took 1 hour from time of order when I plated the food at home I was shocked there was no meat but just bone and oily gravy, the rice was dry as though it had been frozen and heated in microwave, the plantain was soggy and greasy. My Husband was so annoyed he took the whole lot back and asked for the £45 back we paid for it(not cheap), the Chef apologised saying it was bottom of the pot and offered more, my Husband refused as our appetite had gone,, I ask if you know it's bottom of pot and more bone than meat why offer it in first place? And whAt is excuse for the plantain and rice...total total sub standard food. Oh and they had the cheek to take off money because we forgot to send the salt fish fritters not even a gesture of good will.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

We're looking for somewhere to eat late evening and stumbled across this joint. Very good Caribbean food. Jerk prawns were massive and plentiful as a starter, served piping hot and had to let them cool down to handle. Waitress asked what level of spice was required for the jerk seasoning, and advised accordingly. Lovely fried plantains and good rice and peas mix as a side.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

The food in here is lovely if you like traditional Caribbean food. The waitress I had on a lunch time was a lovely young lady, very friendly and helpful. Fantastic value for money, especially lunch time menu. My experience with booking a large party to attend on a weekend was not great. Management changes there mind on deposits very often, and poor communication. I can only guess this is a family/friend run business that's very laid back, a bit to laid back for paying customers. If they sorted this issue out it would be the best Caribbean in Luton!!