2,375 results
All reviews the main house mansion house wernher restaurant afternoon tea adams brasserie flower garden stately home warren weir main restaurant rock garden molton brown toiletries formal gardens scones birthday treat steam room sunday lunch beautiful room
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This particular hotel deserves at least ten stars on tripadvisor. Heck, make it 20. By far the best hotel I and my partner have ever stayed in. It surpassed Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, The Crawford, Intercontinental, and just about any other luxury hotel we have stayed at. I also would like to throw out that I have a degree in Hospitality Management, I have forwarded the information for this hotel to my former professors so that they may use it as an example for all hoteliers to model themselves after. I was BLOWN away by the level of service, attention to detail, ambiance, and the general environment. We have already decided to make this a yearly trip! When we arrived we were immediately greeted by two gentlemen who carried our bags up, while we checked in, in under two minutes, they took our bags to the room and we found them upstairs as we entered. One thing that really struck a note with me was the fact that the gentleman who checked us in, walked with us all the way to the room and explained the hotel, its amenities, and history, it was wonderful! I wouldn't spend too much time talking about the environment simply because it speaks for itself, it is stunning. STUNNING. We had stayed at the Intercontinental in Paris and I can safely say, the Luton Hoo surpassed that ten-fold. Our room was massive and had everything we could possibly think of, the bathroom was also by far the largest I have ever encountered in a hotel! The food an beverage is a review itself, the restaurants were to die for, breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the lounges all surpassed even the best five star Michelin restaurants available. You feel like you own the house while you are there and the employees make sure that feeling continues whether it be in the country club, the grounds, or in the main house itself. We have recommended it to all of our friends and family as well. We simply cannot wait to go back!!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Amazing experience starting with a room upgrade, very friendly staff and two surprises on my husband's birthday - Sharon in the Mansion House restaurant whom we met at Breakfast - as soon as she found out it was my husband's birthday she let the chef know who prepared a 'Happy Birthday' on a plate with a candle in an individual cake.
Then in the evening in Adam's Brasserie the same thing happened with another waitress !!!
Both amazing hospitality !!!
Cannot fault the food and our spa treatments were very good.

Room Tip: Mansion House rooms are quieter with practical access and good views
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

a delightful experience - made so not only by the facilities but by the staff. They really made us feel welcome. We drove up in a beat-up old car and were parked next to a Bentley. That pretty much describes the mix of guests. Racially inclusive, which also appealed to us.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed here for a week for business meetings nearby. I work across multiple Europe sites for a US company, based in MInnesota, USA. Loveliest place I have stayed by far, history and grounds and architecture and food and service all wonderful. Highly recommend for anyone looking for something different than the usual business luxury hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Overpriced for low service, welcoming and presentation. Please bear in mind, as guests, that the reception and spa staff, are rude and not trained - and please book at least 3 weeks in ADVANCE the restaurants and the spa services. Even for hotel clients, they wouldn't manage to book a table for two. Rooms are spacious but very outdated. Other than the golf course and the historical site, please avoid.