All reviews self catering facilities hob taxi microwave sink
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This was the second and last time I stayed here. I am staying in hotels in Luton at least one day a week for work, and thought I d give this place another go, having stayed there previously (2-3 months ago). I requested a quiet room and was assured by the receptionist that the room would be very quiet as it was facing the backyard (Room No 1).

Despite reassurances that this was a quiet room, the noise was unbelievable. Doors slamming every 5 minutes, people walking and talking loudly in the corridors from 9pm to 7am non-stop. I was waiting until midnight to see if things get more quiet, but it only got worse. As a result, and despite wearing ear plugs, I didn't get any sleep. You could still hear the slamming, even with earplugs. There is absolutely no noise insulation anywhere in the building, so even if someone slams a door upstairs, you can still hear it.

Apart from the terrible noise, the room was full of mould, the shower head was broken/displaced, the bed was uncomfortable and the blanket they provided smelled bad and was full of dust.

I did not care much about the facilities when I booked it and accepted the fact that this is a cheap, budget hotel and not a 5-star, but at least, as a paying customer, I would expect a decent sleep. When I complained about the noise upon check out in the morning, the receptionist just said that next time they could give me another quiet room. I explained that there will be no next time. I regret not asking for a full refund on the spot, but I will do so formally and in writing, as this is a breach of contract. For now, the review should suffice and will hopefully help other customers make a more informed decision about staying here. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would certainly not stay here ever again. Better to pay an extra tenner and stay in a proper hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Close to city center; small room, but practical. Parking close by (300m). Rather cheap. Served the purpose very nicely for us. We stayed in one room by "the garden". It was very quiet, but we still could hear the planes one in a while.

Room Tip: Good location, very close to city center.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Aug 2017 booked for 2 weeks but all men (in individual rooms) left after 2nd night. Dirty, mouse traps visible, noise from pipework heard up to 1am and again at 5am Outside noise up to 3am. Noise from other rooms (unto 12am again at 5am)

Average 4 hrs sleep per night.

Disgusting

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dean S
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Small but spotlessly clean rooms including self catering facilities - microwave, sink, kettle and small hob, surprisingly useful to be able to have breakfast and avoid airport prices. Room rates much cheaper than any of the hotels closer to the airport even including return taxi fares. Friendly and helpful staff on reception.
Very small windows in some of the rooms make the rooms hot at night and there was a lot of noise from the street below until the early hours of the morning (Saturday night).
Will certainly stay here again if flying from Luton.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here a few times over the years since this was first open and they hardly have not changed a thing in the rooms. The beds are dated the carpets need changing along with the appliances I just would have expected it to be a bit more newer and luxury for the price as it's similarly priced to other hotels in the area

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo