Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsluton airportan early flightwet roomsmall gymwalk in showermin walkbooked this hotelone night stayreception staffwould stay againfamily roombudget hotelcomfy bedtaxipoundsrunwaystopover
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here the night before our flight from Luton Airport. Check-In was easy, the room was big and well stocked with hot drinks, large TV and comfortable beds. Everything was clean and the hotel was quiet once in the room.

The breakfast was great value, really good selection and only costs £10 on top of the room via booking.com

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately, I am not able to give this hotel a good review. We left there our car for two weeks whilst on holidays, when arrived back found scratches and dents on the passengers side. Spoken to the hotel couple of times and they are not taking any responsibility for it. Unfortunately parking company is not responding to emails and letters a well. Very disappointing.

Stayed: August 2017
ManagerHILuton, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Luton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Agnieszka Z,

Thank you for your review. I am very concerned to read your comments regards damage to your car. I haven't been made aware of this so I apologise if the team here at the hotel have not been co-operative.

Please contact me as soon as you can with further details on gm@hilutonairport.com or call the hotel on 01582 218111 and I will investigate this situation for you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The location and the price good for one night.

Located about 10mins of walking from the main departures building.
There is also a shuttle service bus, you should ask at the hotel.

The rooms are very big and comfortable!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Orenvil,

Thank you for your lovely comments. The team and I were pleased to hear you found our location convenient and enjoyed your brief stay.

Please stay again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I assume the title of my review is the Company's Mission Statement?! Rarely have I stayed anywhere so overwhelming average in every respect. An amazing feat! Remember this is not a budget hotel & I struggle to see much difference between this and the nearby H.I. Express, which is cheaper. The rooms are small, the double bed even smaller. The shower in our room didn't drain properly so we were moved to another room - upon request. Yes it's clean and the bed is comfortable but that's about it. Some rooms are looking tired and in need of a refurb. (Shabby tile grout and laminate coming off furniture. Tv remote batteries needing changing etc).

The restaurant dining area is something else altogether though! On our outward journey, the restaurant was empty yet somehow the 'Chef' forgot our meal. Eventually they remembered and brought our first course out. The server very kindly offered us free deserts as recompense. On our homebound stay, the restaurant was busier and I decided to go for the same meal (a burger - mainly due to the pitiful lack of choice). This turned up in a reasonable period of time but the bottom of the burger was burnt. Being hungry & tired I ate it. When the waitress enquired how it was, I told her to tell the chef that it was burnt and explained why I'd not complained. I got no real acknowledgement of the issue nor indeed an apology - seemingly her job was done by just asking the question.

The staff are all young and mostly Eastern European; some friendly, some not. All restaurant staff are in need of guidance and training and seem to be lacking in supervision. It's all very hit & miss and appears to be just a food warming area, rather than a proper kitchen. Breakfasts again exceedingly average and not worth the price. You'd do better eating at the airport - plus you'd get a decent coffee.

Staying here feels like you are just part of some automated process - a bit like a sheep dip perhaps. Just a number.

And then for the privilege of staying here, you are charged £8 parking for your single night stay. I could understand being charged if the car was left for the duration of the holiday but fail to understand how they justify charging guests for a one night stay on their own grounds?

This is not written by a serial complainer or a fussy, needy traveller. I am a fairly laid back, easy going person - but I do hate being ripped off and being taken for granted. If any H.I. hierarchy read this, I would urge them to check in and experience their own product! Maybe things would then change. It could be of course that having a captive market, they don't give a sh1t?! We all keep going back!

Room Tip: Check your room to make sure everything works properly before unpacking
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Viv T,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were not entirely happy with your stay and felt that we did not offer value for money.

I understand your comments regards the bathroom. We are currently refurbishing our bathrooms, with 102 rooms completed and just 22 on the ground floor to go. If you could email me on gm@hilutonairport.com with the room number, you stayed in and I can ensure that the other maintenance issues are repaired immediately.

I apologise for your restaurant experience, this is not the normal standard we work to and I will investigate your comments with the team regards the 'lost' order and burnt burger. It's also surprising to hear your comments regards the coffee as we proudly serve Starbucks at the hotel.

I am very proud to have such a diverse team working at the hotel especially in the restaurant, we have many different nationalities French, Italian, Greek, Russian, British, Indian so to refer to them as 'mostly Eastern European' is quite offensive.

All hotels around the airport charge for car parking for resident and non-resident guests, it's standard for airport locations in the UK. Our prices are regularly reviewed against the competition and are cheaper than some of the other hotels in the vicinity such as the Holiday Inn Express who charge £10 per night.

The team and I take feedback very seriously and value your comments. We always strive to improve services and be the best hotel in the area, so I apologise on this occasion if you faced challenges during your visit to us.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

All good around the areas, friendly staff, just visit the Bar all good!! We recommend if you wait for a transfer at the airport near by!!! Taxi all the time just ask receptionist and it’s a £10 a journey....

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Custodio G,

Thank you for awarding us four stars in your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel delivered all that was needed.

See you again soon!