“You get what you expect”
Review of The White House

The White House
Ranked #219 of 338 Restaurants in Luton
Description: A JDWetherspoons Pub located in the town centre with huge range of craft and world beers, serving food until 11pm all day every day. traditional ales, music, sports, rock and roll bingo and a lot more. pop in and check us out.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a standard Weatherspoons pub. Food was hot and service was good, waitress was happy to go and get the little one some crayons.

They have a decent selection of beers & a beer garden.

ThewhitehouseJDW, Manager at The White House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thanks for the feedback

Regards

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Short trip to Luton and found White House near hotel. Usually a good meal, and it was. However the place is huge and you can hardly hold a conversation due to the deafening noise from other customers. Nicely done, food order came surprisingly quickly considering the number of customers. Value for money, burger was poor and only two tiny bits of raw onion, not satisfied at all.

Hi

We always aim to keep the noise levels down any customer that is loud will be asked to reduce noise levels. Meals are served to company specification but if you asked for some extra onion we would happily oblige.

Regards Management

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We were here over paddys weekend, we headed to Wetherspoons Friday evening roughly 20-30 of us drank and ate food there most of the night and found it a good spot for a group to hang out, however sat morning was a different story!! A few of us headed down for some brunch and a few drinks, we were there for about 3 hours when I decided I would go back to my hotel to change and freshen up, when I returned I went up to order a drink and I was told by the barman I was not to be served , I was in complete shock and mortified so we asked to speak to management as to why this was happening. Eventually some big baldy buck trying to look like the big man came up and stood beside us, said nothing gave no explanation until the young bar man came back and said he was so so sorry he had mistaken me for someone else, I accepted his apology but the manager made us feel we had done something wrong and stood beside us in a very intimidating manner ! My partner got slightly offended and annoyed by this and asked him for an apology, his response was more or less flip of ye Irish paddys and with that asked us to leave!! I was disgusted we had spent so much money there over the weekend and to be treated like dirt all because the barman had mistaken me for someone else !! The manager needs to go on a few training courses

2  Thank junefrances

Hi

We don’t serve intoxicated customers as it’s against the licencing objectives, we also don’t serve abusive customers as we wish to create a nice environment for our customers.

Regards Management

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I met a few work colleagues here last week during the snow but the pub was still very busy but we got a spot by the fire which is amazing, the place is just a typical weathersoons so people expecting a top class restaurant eat elsewhere we couldn’t complain

ThewhitehouseJDW, Manager at The White House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hi Thanks for the feedback

Regards Roy

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I visited this pub while I was staying in a nearby hotel and having walked round the town centre I have to say this was definitely the one with the warmest and friendliest atmosphere.
It was quite busy, the staff were friendly and helpful the food was very well priced and they have a good range of beers

Good afternoon

Thanks for the feedback hope to see you again soon

Regards Roy