See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I normally think that some people slate a Hotel for unknown rerasons but all the other bad reviews are correct about this dump.
Booked in given our key got to the room which was disgusting and not been serviced. We went back to reception and after a while another room was found for us. After that we decided we were in for an unsatisfactory night.
Our new room as very tired no plug for the sink a bulb hanging down by its wire in the celling. (Bathroom)The shower tiles were dirty and cracked. The base of the shower had four cracks in it and there was no anti slip mat and the shower was therefore unusable and dangerous so we did not use it. The extractor fan did not work; the light over the sink did not work.
We reluctantly decided to go to the restaurant. At 7.15 we were the only ones in there. Half the light bulbs were out. The menu was very basic with Pasta, fish and chips and burgers not interesting. We had to order our food at reception. The restaurant looked more like a 1970’s works canteen. The main course was just about acceptable. But half way through eating it our deserts were put on the table by us needless to say they were cold.
There was no point in making a fuss as there was no sight of any management anywhere.
The bar which was meant to be open at 6.00pm never opened. My wife had to go to reception to get us a drink and the receptionist had to serve it. There were only tumblers and no wine glasses so what next.
We were booked for Room and breakfast but decided to give breakfast a miss and will leave first thing.
The young lady on reception was very helpful but very harassed and needed help. In the morning I told the gentleman who said he was not the manager but I later found out he was the boss of everybody. I gave him a rough outline of our stay and the condition of the bathroom. I also said I had no intention of paying for the meal last night as it was so poor and also that we had no intention of eating breakfast although we had paid for it. He was not surprise at what we had said and just accepted it and was not at all interested.

Room Tip: don't book any
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Not sure where to start! I did not stay, this place should have a health and safety warning. First impression that came to mind was the film "Hostel" - I felt extremely vulnerable and unsafe from the moment I drove in the car park. No women around and as a woman traveling alone especially when the key card didn't work and reception was full of sweaty old men partying - I felt if I had of stayed I would probably not make it safely through the night. Smelt like a nursing home, the sofa in reception had no front feet and was wedged on pieces of wood! Carpets filthy and deeply stained. Then here's the best bit - the room next door had been set on fire and it there was a hole in the corridor ceiling where the water was dripping from with a bucket to catch it !!!!! It looked like they had tried to burn the door to smoke someone out of their room !! I took pictures on my phone and decided not to even look in my room - I left the building and went to the Premier Inn down the road - thankfully!! God knows what would have happened during the night if I had stayed at the "quality" skyline

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

What an awful hotel. Unclean, strong smell of drugs on the fist floor. Bar is laughable. Pubic hair on the bathroom walls, linen unclean on the bed and the curtains have suspicious stains up. Avoid at all cost!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a night with my partner as we were visiting Luton for an event booked as a birthday present. I decided to book this hotel as it was fairly cheap for the night and close to the event. Upon entering the room there was an odd smell and it was extremely hot in there even though the windows were open. Upon attempting to put the air conditioning on, we found it was not working or working very poorly as there was no change to the temperature in the room the whole night. The kettle in the room did not work as it was the wrong kettle for the stand, and when reporting this to reception, the receptionist seemed to find the situation amusing and could only provide us with a solution of helping ourselves to a tea and coffee machine at the bar downstairs. The evening brought more annoyance to us as we tried to sleep but were kept awake for a good few hours by delinquents reving car engines and shouting within the hotel car park. We attempted to shut the windows to block out the noise, but soon found they would not shut, hence why they must have been open when we arrived. After the noise had passed we did eventually sleep well as the beds and pillows were in fact comfortable. In the morning I discovered the hair dryer in the room to be broken too. In future I personally would not stay here again, however it would do for a night as it did with us as the rooms were clean, tv worked and the beds were comfortable. But overall I was disappointed with the hotel and it did slightly taint my boyfriends birthday.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Stayed here for one night on July 5. Light switches not working in room and window blind stuck in closed position. Wifi not working. Offered another room but aircon stuck at 19c and internal phone not working. Moved again to a third room where blinds were also not working but by then too fatigued to complain any further. Most annoyingly, the wifi worked only long enough to default to my Facebook page (instead of my home page) and broadcast that I was staying at the Skyline Luton. Sneaky and surely in breach of GDPR. Will give this place a wide berth in future.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business