“Nice enough place but not for me.”
Review of The Engine

The Engine
Ranked #142 of 358 Restaurants in Luton
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Description: - The Engine Luton - American Diner - Shisha Shack - Coffee Shop Red Rooster Peri Peri - Desserts (Halal Food)
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Lovely refurb however be warned the meat is halal this is not advertised and it was only when i did a quick search online and then asked a member of staff was i aware. Halloumi wrap was nice but not a great deal of veg choice.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Food was so delicious, reply enjoyed this vist as it was different, not many places do a roast dinner these days! They do pasta too which was very nice. If only lasagne was added to the menu however will still be visiting again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I don't think I saw any of the staff members smile during my dinner visit! We ordered a chicken pasta and a chicken steak with chips. Food arrived fairly quickly but I couldn't stomach my pasta as it was drowning in oil! I asked the main waiter (I'm assuming the manager) to drain the oil and was very rude! We were sitting right opposite the kitchen view and he told the cook to just change the plate! Chicken steak was dry with just cheap bbq sauce squirted over the top. Cutlery smelt so bad as they were left wet in tissues..would NOT recommend! There were two other tables in there at the time and their food was sent back to the kitchen too.

1  Thank _missmiah
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Misleading looking spacious establishment which is a hidden gem for Luton. Wonderful authentic decor in dining area, sports area and upstairs. Outside dining also available. Food cooked in front of you with generous portions which was a joy to watch. All meals were delicious, hot and cold (if having a salad), colourful and very filling. Good lunchtime deals for £5 with friendly staff.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Visited in the evening for a big family birthday party mid-week. Place wasn't busy at all. The table was ready for us when we arrived.

Food was ordered and arrived within 20 minutes (big order - 11 people).

Everyone seemed pleased with their food so all in all a decent evening.

I think everything is priced very reasonably.

The few areas where they can improve:
1. You have to get up and order at the till - be great if they can come and take the order so you one person does not have the duty of remembering 11 people's food order.
2. The portion of meat for the sirloin steak isn't great - could be a little bigger even if it is a coupe of pounds more in price.
3. No one made any effort to come and offer anything for the cake cutting - would have taken very little and ensured that we came back for other family events (we ended up putting our cakes on tissues and eating them).