“Great hotel near the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Luton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great hotel near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Very friendly check in when we arrived, I booked parking with the room and transfer to airport which turned out to be a taxi with nothing to pay as the hotel took care of it all. The drinks prices were a little high at £11 for 2 standard wines, balanced however by an extensive high quality breakfast at only £9.95. My only slight negative was the bed was very soft for my liking. I would go there anytime I'm flying from Luton.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Phil_H910
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Phil_H910….
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your valuable feedback following your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and found our park and fly package to be great value for money. Fantastic to read that you enjoyed the famous Hilton Garden Inn Breakfast, I hope you tried one of our signature waffles ?
I am sorry that the mattress was a little too soft for your liking, our mattresses are fully adjustable and I would be happy to show you how to adjust this on your next stay at the hotel.
I hope you had a fantastic holiday and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn – Luton in the near future.

Dean Rigby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I use this hotel regularly when working in Luton. The hotel is always spotless, and staff friendly and efficient.
It's a pretty standard, but good quality hotel.
The breakfasts are great, full self serve options inc a waffle maker if you are feeling indulgent.
I have never really enjoyed the evening meals there, they lack in options and quality. There is a microwave room though, so you can buy a frozen meal from the little shop behind reception (or bring your own food in). The room has plates and cutlery etc. it's so nice to be able to do this when working away.
The hotel doesn't have anything near to by foot, but the are local shops a few percent away by car.

The one big problem I have with this hotel is the polyester duvet cover on the bed! It gots ridiculously hot. I ask for an extra cotton sheet Which helps a little.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sazb_80
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear sazb_80,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us. I am really pleased that you enjoy staying with us and that you find my team to be friendly and efficient.

Great to see that you enjoy the famous Hilton Garden Inn breakfast and I would urge you to try the fantastic waffles on your next visit to the Hotel. I am sorry that you don�t enjoy dining with us in the evening, we do have a new menu with a large selection of dishes which now includes daily specials which we receive some excellent guest feedback about.

The duvet cover that we use is specifically designed to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer however we are happy to provide an additional cotton top sheet if it is not to your liking.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback and I very much look forward to welcoming back to the hotel soon.

Wetherby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have no complaints whatsoever with this hotel. We stayed here last weekend for my sister's hen do. We were travelling to Thorpe Park the next day, but were staying in Luton to be near family that were joining us. The service and rooms are without fault.

When we arrived on the Friday evening, we were greeted warmly and checked in very quickly. We were given a run down on breakfast and bar times and given opportunity to ask any questions. They also have a brilliant pantry section where they have things you may have forgotten like toothbrush, deodorant,etc. as well as snack food, ready meals, drinks and ice cream! The reception is 24 hours so you just take it to the desk to pay.

You have a fridge in your room for anything you buy and there are guest microwave areas and places to do your own laundry if you like. There are ice making facilities and tea and coffee in the room.

We did not use the gym, but it looked very nice. Parking was free and the location is very quiet as it is set off of the main road near residential properties and offices.

The rooms were large and very comfortable. There are adjustable mattresses so you just turn a dial and adjust the pressure between firm and soft - never seen something like that before! The bathrooms were large and the shower was huge! Nice Neutrogena products as well!

Everything was clean and tidy and very modern.

Breakfast was amazing! You have a choice of fruit, yoghurt, cooked breakfast, porridge, cereal, waffles, all different breads for toast, juices, teas and coffees - you'd struggle to find something missing from this buffet!

I would not hesitate to stay here again and will recommend to everyone I know!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ooky84
DeanRigby, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Luton North, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear ooky84…

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your “perfect Stay”

I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and had the opportunity to experience so many of the fantastic facilities we have to offer here at the Hilton Garden Inn.

I hope that you had lots of fun at Thorpe Park and your sister's wedding goes well.

My team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Luton, Bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. Check in was smooth and easy and the reception area is very inviting, so much so that I would go back for a bite to eat or drinks with friends. There was a fire roaring away, with comfy seating and a lovely ambiance.

The room was very spacious and effortlessly clean. There is no bath, but it does have a double shower. There are also complimentary Neutrogena toiletries, which was completely unexpected for a 3 star rated property!

I found the room to be a little cool. To be honest, I think it says more about me than the actual temperature, because I tend to have my heating at home on at least 24/25c! I called reception and a wonderful chap was up to have a look in less than 3 minutes. 2 minutes after he had left, he returned with an additional radiator. It was oil filled which gives a much nicer heat that convector heaters, so again this impressed me.

The facilities in the room were great. Complimentary wi-fi, tea and coffee making facilities, good choice of television channels and occasional furniture.

I opted to order room service for dinner. It came very quickly was beautifully presented. I was very happy with the quality of the food and the choices available.

I did not have breakfast, even though I had paid for it because to be perfectly honest, I was still full from the night before! That said, judging by the rest of my experience, I am sure it was very good.

The staff at this hotel are superb. I only came across 3 members of staff during my short stay, but they were all helpful, friendly, professional and caring.

I got a great deal by calling the hotel directly and I have to say that I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Shuttersonthebeach
Dear Shuuteronthebeach…

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent visit to the hotel.

It is great to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your experience with us and I am pleased that you found us to be excellent value for money.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to my team and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.

Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We booked this hotel near Luton airport as we had an early flight and wanted to leave our car. All together a great deal for £89, including taxi transfers to and from the airport!!!

The room was a good size and very modern and clean and the bed was very comfortable with an adjustable mattress.

We were able to leave our car parked right outside the hotel while we were away and the transfers to and from the airport couldn't be easier. When we checked in we were asked what time we would like our taxi for the following morning and also given number to phone when we landed upon our return to arrange a return taxi. We phoned as we were coming through customs and the taxi was waiting for us by the time we got outside...simple!

We would definately use this hotel again if we have a flight from Luton.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HappyDazeScotland
Dear HappyDazeScotland…

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our park & fly package to be great value for money.

Thank you for your comments regarding the quality of the bedroom, I hope you had fun adjusting the mattress on the Garden Inn Sleep System bed.

I am really pleased that all aspects of your park and fly experience went smoothly and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Luton.