All reviews glaisdale suite dining room swimming pool free car park on arrival lovely hotel lounge area town centre three star hotel restaurant breakfast service central location family room cooked breakfast some tlc good nights sleep weekend stay
Reviewed 11 September 2016

We stayed here at weekend and found the hotel marvelous. Excellent location for the beach and all town shops. The staff were polite and professional. The lounge was a relaxing place to have a drink or to eat. Our breakfast was faultless.plenty of choice and was delicious all served by nice friendly staff Our bedroom was spacious with a spacious bathroom and again it was faultless. The pool was marvelous in fact we spent Saturday after in pool all to ourselves. Excellent hotel. Will definitely visit again. As we have visited many hotels in Scarborough this one is the best

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lizzy052
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dear Lizzy,

Thank you for your feedback in response to your stay with us here at the Hotel. I am delighted that all aspects met your expectations.

For any future bookings , please contact the Hotel directly where our reception team can offer you our best available rates.

Regards

Reviewed 10 September 2016

We dined here on Tuesday night and had a very tasty meal indeed, From our starters of tempura prawns, Whiby crab and fishcakes to the mains of Sir Loin steak and slow roasted short rib and finally the desserts of sticky toffee pudding it was top quality. The setting was a little dark though with candles on the tables and the lighting very low made it difficult to read the menu. At £65 for 2 people including coffee it's not a bad price for quality cuisine.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane3443
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Booked two nights with friends one small double room 27 and one standad ,room 26 on arrival both rooms same size but £90 difference in price for a bath .overlooking multi-storey car park and woken at 6.40 by noisy extractor from kitchen below window photos on website looked nothing like the room we were in ,complained to reception and wrote letter to manager who did not the courtesy to reply only to booking .com saying saying simple diferance one has a shower only one has shower over bath be carful when booking standard room you don't get a small for stranded price won't be staying again

Room Tip: Ask to see room Make sure you get what you booked
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank geoffanne
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Guest,

As per my letter to you some months I did respond fully to your points raised. There are differences between many rooms of the Hotel which as I explained are reflected in the price. It does seem somewhat strange to leave feedback such a long time after your stay.

The Hotel I can assure you is not in the business of 'ripping off' guests as any new business cannot rely solely on new business. Many of our repeat guests I am confident would echo this point.

If you wish again to email myself then I am happy to look at your complaint once more

Regards

Jay Clements

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Do not park in the Palm Court car park this is the council one you need to park next door but the time you realise at check in it is to late you have already parked and then have to pay to move your car.
This morning at breakfast we were taken to a table which was disgusting the table cloth had been on all morning and was stained from previous residents breakfasts I asked for the cloth to be changed and was told sorry we are too busy !!!
As for the rooms I have to agree they are small our room was a single with a double bed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simpson12016
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Whilst thanking any guest in this forum for feedback I do feel that your headline analysis of the Hotels 'modus operandi' is vastly unjust and simply untrue.

Year on year the hotel continues to make investment after investment to further improve Scarborough's highest rated 3 star hotel and subsequently a 25 mile radius. We are the only hotel to offer complimentary car parking for our guests all of which is explained upon check in. With a score of 82 / 88 with a rosette for culinary excellence we continually use guest feedback to strengthen our offerings and facilities.

From your review it is clear that rather than speak to anyone of my management team on duty, feedback is preferred in this manner actually whilst still being present at the Hotel, which is a shame as we could have rectified the situation immediately if given the opportunity.

And yes we do sell 'small double rooms' but we also have a wider range of rooms upto and including Superking rooms and our Suite. All of which are reflected in the price.

To simply be so dismissive of the hardworking staff and incumbents here I find rather unfair. If you wish to discuss the matter further I would welcome the opportunity of hearing your comments directly or email gm@palmcourt-scarborough.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Small room #27 at the end of level 2. This meant that the bed was also small, well at least smaller than the upgraded room we were in last year on floor 3 just opposite the lift.
We were only here for 2 nights, so we put up with it, but we did find the room hot at night, even though we opened a window.
I think our cooked breakfast was forgotten on the second morning, I had to ask for it, when the people who entered the dining room at the same time as us left before our breakfast was served.
However, I must say that my request for soya milk was met. When I asked for it on the first morning, saying I had requested it when booking, the waiter commented," I will look and if we don't have any, I will go to a shop." Also I was given a fruit salad and a sorbet at dinner, when none of the other options were lactose free. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Palm Court Hote... S, Hotel General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments surrounding your stay with us. The hotel does have a range of rooms from 'small double bedded room' up to and including our suite which features a separate lounge area and a handmade superking bed. This is reflected in the price that you would pay.

We do hope you take advantage of this upon your next visit to Scarborough.

kind regards