“Just fab !!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner visited here for tea after a long day at work. Chose hear as had heard lots of wonderful things about it ! It did not let us down !!!! We just managed to catch happy hour on cocktails two for one which were fab ! Then the mixed starter to share which was all freshly cooked to order and absolutely delicious ! I had the enchiladas which were absolutely scrumptious and my partner had the beef chimichanga which was huge but also delicious ! After two cocktails each and this feast we were feeling very full ! The staff were friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable ! Great value for money and would defo recommend to anybody ! Can't wait to go back ! We only live down the road so this could be dangerous for us ! We will end up fat and poor ! Joking aside ! Fabulous place, scrumptious food, great value for money and great staff !

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We popped in here for a meal on our last evening in Scarborough, what a mistake to make, we should have gone in at the beginning of our stay then we could have had more nice experiences. The place was busy, vibrant, full of lovely aromas, wonderful friendly staff, and the food was out of this world, we asked for mild, because we don't like anything too spicy, and we were not disappointed, it was full of flavours but not too spicy. Could not recommend this place any higher.

1  Thank tinajb22
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Visited here on 27 June having been invited to a birthday party. We did have to wait quite a while for our food, although to be fair, we were quite a large party. The staff were very accommodating and attentive. I had the chilli con carne, a favourite of mine, which was very meaty and tasty. The only criticism was that there wasn't a lot of rice and red kidney beans, but it does come with a tortilla base normally, which I asked to be left out. They also have desperados, which go very well with the Mexican food, being tequila based. A good night out!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Mexican is one of my favourite cuisines, so when I was in Scarborough for 3 weeks on business I was happy to find El Gringos a 2 minute walk from my hotel so gave it a go. I was very glad that I did!
I never had trouble getting a seat (although was dining alone) and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. On the rare occasion that there was anything wrong with my food, or a side order had been forgotten etc, this was fixed straight away.
The restaurant varies from empty to packed with no real reason why, as I suppose you can expect in a UK seaside town. Don't let this put you off!
My favourites off the menu were the beef and chicken chimichanga, the quesadilla grande and the Monterey chicken.
Give the restaurant a go, you won't be disappointed. Each to their own but I honestly can't see how anyone found the food bland or the service blunt or unfriendly... In a town full of fish and chips and several different Wetherspoons-style places, I found it to be anything but.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Loved it the staff were lovely the food was amazing been twice now this month and took family on our second visit . We will definitely be going again the next time we visit Scarborough