“Coffee”

The Filling Station
Ranked #23 of 82 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Reviewed 28 October 2018

I've now been to the Filling Station on a few occasions since discovering it a few months ago. The coffee is the best in Sidmouth and seems to be the only place where you get a proper hot moka. The food is excellent. The service is very friendly. My only complaint would be, there is a shared towel in the toilets. It really could do with either a hand dryer or paper towel dispenser.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Tucked away down a little narrow passageway, we were so pleased to find this little gem of a restaurant. It was especially great to find it as we had tried to eat in Browns where the service was very poor and where we had waited in vain for forty minutes for our food to arrive.The contrast here couldn't have been more different with fast, efficient. friendly service and super food. The Filling Station caters for vegan and vegetarian tastes and we really enjoyed our falafel wraps. Couldn't recommend this place enough and we hope to return there in the future.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We found this little gem of a place nestling in a walk through between the main road down to Sidmouth sea front.
Great service, Egyptian street food - I had the mawawshi - slow cooked pork and beef in slices in a flat bread - and my wife had sour dough bread with honey lemon chicken. Comes with salad and pickled vegetables.
Price £10 for lunch to take out for 2, a steal at that price. Served
Would really recommend you try this place out.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This place we came across whilst looking for another cafe that had good recommendations for gluten free menu.They advertise as being vegan and gluten free friendly and certainly are. Very helpful staff and proud of their commitment to avoiding cross contamination. Had an excellent cheese and onion pasty and line and courgette cake. There were more choices available for our next visit including Egyptian street food.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely delicious lunch! We spent 20/30 minutes walking round sidmouth trying to find somewhere to eat! After working my way down the trip advisor “top 10 vegan places to eat in sidmouth” and noticing that each one we tried did not have vegan options we tried the filling station and I was in my ellement because they had a nice selection of vegan options for a small place! I had the falafel flat bread! They had 2 choices of vegan pastys!! Vegan flapjack!! Make your own salads and a rice and lentil dish! I would HIGHLY recommend! Really this place should be number 1 on trip advisors top 10 vegan places to eat in Sidmouth!!!!