“Lovely Lunch!”

Mocha
Ranked #17 of 82 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Coffee, Breakfast, Lunches, Devon Cream Teas , Homemade Cakes . We serve a range of wines and beers and enjoy uninterrupted sea views .
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Me and my partner came into the mocha restaurant for lunch, I ordered a ham and cheese panini, and my partner ordered a crab sandwich. However, when the order came out, I realised that the panini was on seeded bread, which I have an allergy to. When I mentioned this to the young waitress, she was perfectly happy to take it back to the kitchen and request it to be made again on white bread. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious, portions were a plentiful size and waiting staff were welcoming.

2  Thank emilyrogerz2

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

After getting blown away by the wind and watching the amazing waves in Sidmouth this morning my daughter and I came in for a drink. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, lovely coffee, my daughter loved her hot chocolate with all the trimmings!
We even treated ourselves to a yummy bacon sandwich. We sat in a fabulous window seat to watch the waves!
Great place we’ll be back again soon!

1  Thank Destination694210
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Mocha review visited on 02.09.18 -3 pm
Poor customer services queues up at desk for 5 minutes as counterbusy , by the time it was our turn the wall clock showed 3.02 pm hence the staff told -we can’t have hot food as they stop serving hot food at 3 pm . Basically no consideration that we were in the queue well before that deadline .
Told no hot food so could only order sandwiches -but cant do any sandwiches for children . So the only option for food for my toddler was to order an adult sandwich and pay full price I.e 7 pounds something n eat 1/2 and leave the rest !
Husband ordered scone which was served cold stodgy . My ( prawn ) n my son’s sandwich ( ham) were too dry n just and he refused his after a mouthful ! Both our Hot drinks were served Luke warm
Posted my review same day within hours to warn others about poor customer services and food .
A week down the line saw the management’s response after they had watched the cctv .They offered no apologies whatsoever but explained their chef is overworked ( seems like recurring theme in other negative reviews in the past )
Above all I am doubting the integrity of the management as they said that on reviewing the cctv they can see we went off without food so I can’t review their food -which is absolute lie ! We were 60 minutes in that cafe and spent nearly 27 pounds for hot drinks and two different sandwiches and an afternoon tea . I still can’t believe them lying about it all . After reading their response I decided to edit my review to warn others
I have my card statement to prove we were there that day and we spent nearly 27 pounds on food as their cctv and accounts would have clearly shown .

Still can’t Believe in this age of transparency and advanced technology people think they can get away with being so dishonest and unprofessional !!
I wish I was aware of way of reporting businesses like these which misinform customers and misinterpret facts

Avoid like plague !!

5  Thank Trek229139
MochaRestaurant, Manager at Mocha, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the review ,I have sent you a message about the 10 October , and I’m sorry for any confusion. We do as I said have a cut off time and apologise that you missed it .
We don’t do kids sandwiches and have not been asked for them before but may be that’s an idea I’ll look at in the future. Our scones are all freshly baked by the local bakery and our bread comes from the same bakery daily so I don’t know why they would of been stodgy as we rarely have complaints about scones or bread .You should of said at the time and we would of replaced or refunded you .
I hope you can come in and visit us again ,so that we can hopefully make amends .
We certainly are not dishonest and unprofessional, and as you can see by the previous reviews we are doing a good job .
We like our customers to leave happy and content , and I’m sorry this did not happen on this occasion

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Popped in to the Mocha after a long dog walk, where the dogs were given water, and we bought cups of coffee and slices of Lemon Cake.....that was very close to being better than my mothers! Great service and a very friendly welcome. Thank You!

2  Thank L H
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I don't know why we gravitate towards this shop but we always seem to whenever we visit Sidmouth. The coffee is always good and there is a bit of a buzz about the place.

2  Thank Johnmotoguzzi