“Great food and ice cream and lovely staff”

Fort Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #21 of 82 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Great food and ice cream and really lovely staff. Dogs could sit outside and there were water bowls for them. Nice clear signs around explaining how to order food and wonderful views. I'm a fairly regular visitor to Sidmouth and can't believe I've never eaten here before. I will definitely be back. The staff were lovely and were great at looking after the older or less mobile customers.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband was hungry so ordered large, it was very large and generous portion and the chips are the best ever , highly recommended and their toasters are lush

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Went in for a light lunch. The weather was not so good so went inside which was very comfortable. We had a Greyhound with us and were allowed to bring him in. The staff were very friendly not only serving us with a smile they made a fuss over the dog bringing him dog biscuits which was a nice touch. The food was very good and not outstandingly expensive. We will go back when next in the area.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I could have just stayed in the front courtyard all day! Right by the front and the beach, next to the car park and this cafe offers great service and food.
The staff were very good indeed. There is a great range of drinks and food and the ice cream is superb!
I’m going back!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Went for full English breakfast, fantastic , good value for money. Pleasant, friendly staff . I would suggest going around 10 ish then it will tie you over, vey generous helpings & tasty..
It is a seasonal place so don’t expect to go in winter.