“Cosy, fresh, delicious food.”

Bill’s Welwyn restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Today it is my mother’s birthday so we went to Bills for a treat. We avoided the temptation to order the excellent value 2 or 3 course lunch and ordered from the menu. The fish pie was so tasty – each different ingredient had its own flavour – that it must have been freshly cooked. It retained its heat until the end of the meal. The naked burger with its own salad was also cooked and presented to perfection. The two cauliflower cheese sides were also delicious.

Desserts can be ordered from the teatime menu – we ordered Victoria sponge with a difference. The cream came in a separate pot so that the cake could be enjoyed by anyone who did not want (was not able) to eat cream. Fresh blackberries accompanied the cake.

Drinks and desserts are overpriced but this was a treat. During this visit, the food and the service went up in my estimation.

Date of visit: March 2018
BillsRestaurant, Operations Manager at Bill’s Welwyn restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Kenneth,

Many thanks for your review regarding your recent great experience at our restaurant in Welwyn. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the fish pie, which is also one of my favourites. Also, great to hear that you enjoyed the service with us. I know that the team there will be so pleased to read of your kind comments.

I really do hope that you come back soon to also experience our 2 or 3 course lunch menu.

Thanks again,

Jamie

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Really nice place, friendly and knowledgeable staff, excellent food. Last minute reservation for 14 persons they didn’t break a drop of additional sweat. If you’re a fan of Thai food I’d recommend the green chicken curry. Yep I’d definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Welwyn.

Dear Peter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in a review regarding your recent experience in our Welwyn restaurant. I was so pleased to read of your positive experience and glad you enjoyed our delicious Thai Green curry. Also, great to hear that they managed to deal with your party easily.

Thank you for recommending us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner after a few beers in town. Was really busy but good atmosphere some unusual buts on the menu - for welwyn anyway. Was really nice and will definitely go back

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Friday lunch at Bills was really good. Warm and friendly staff and well cooked food. Will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

My mum hadn’t been to bill’s before and I wanted to treat her to a nice lunch that was good food and service . As usual
Bill’s didn’t disappoint . My mum is a veggie and usual only gets a few choices but the menu here is quite vast, from salads /burgers and stews ! The service was good the staff loved my little girl and gave her extra attention which she loved. Had a nice relaxing afternoon with good food and company - thanks Bill’s