“FRIENDLY”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Very friendly pub in Lemsford village
Serves good food
Enjoying a well earned bottle of sol after a superb round of golf

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We came for lunch on a Saturday afternoon as walk ins. Arrived around 2:40pm and with food service stopping at 3pm it was not an issue and we did not feel rushed. The food was served to a high standard and the staff very welcoming.

There is a great choice of beers and ale’s at this fully stocked pub and the menu has plenty of choice for all. We understand the pub has gone from strength to strength since it’s takeover and definitely consider it for regular lunch choices.

1  Thank Hertsratings
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We tried this pub for lunch after a walk through Brocket Hall Golf Course and woods to see the bluebells. It wasn't busy at 12 noon but very friendly and the food was good pub grub. We only wanted a snack so had the bacon and brie baguette but there is an extensive menu and daily specials. It came with crisps and some salad. We also ordered some sweet potato fries. With drinks, it came to under £20 for two. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

1  Thank Nimrod104
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

What a difference the new owners have made since they took over (ignore any ratings you see before the middle of last year). I only visited this pub once before then and the transformation is incredible! The food is excellent with a new menu daily. The food as well as being fantastic is also very well priced and the staff are all very friendly and attentive. Perfect for watching sport, or a lovely meal (the Sunday roasts are only rivalled by the Tilbury in the local area). The only negative I can think of is the gents toilet could do with a spruce up.

Cannot recommend this lovely, friendly pub enough. Well worth a visit, be aware though Friday and Saturday nights when there is live music can get very busy.

1  Thank W7760WLedwardc
Reviewed 4 April 2018

attended The Sun Inn this evening not quite knowing what to expect. The only recommendation was that the car park was always full when we drove past which we find is always the best recommendation. I will be frank in that when I entered the venue I was a bit surprised as it was just a country pub and while I saw several tables I wasn’t expecting to sit in the bar. All fears subsided when we were greeted by the very friendly and efficient staff who directed us into the restaurant area. This was very clean, warm and comfortable. The choice food on the menu is not vast but was wide enough for me (a fussy eater) to be spoilt for choice. We all had the chicken, chorizo and halumi skewers for a starter and two had the turkey, ham and mushroom pie while I had the toad in the hole. The pies were well filled and my sausages were very tasty. It was obvious that the food was fully prepared on the premises and the chef did a great job. We didn’t have a dessert as we were completely full so cannot offer a review. If you like good, filling, tasty cooking then this is the place for you. All I can say is that we will be returning.