“Nice location, slightly above average food, slow service and not allergy friendly.”

Williams Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$63
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Williams’ Bar & Restaurant was originally the chicken shed when the Williams’ family purchased Tewin Bury Farm. The Williams’ family opened up a farm shop to sell their potatoes and other local produce and along side this as an experiment they opened 4 rooms in the family home and advertised them as guests rooms available for visitors. These rooms proved so popular and the need for an onsite restaurant became obvious. The decision to convert the chicken shed was made which is now the very active Williams’ Bar & Restaurant
Reviewed 6 November 2018

When we booked Sunday lunch at the Tewin Bury restaurant they were advised that one of the party was coeliac but when we sat down for lunch nobody enquired as to whom was allergic to gluten. I therefore asked for the gluten free menu only to be told that there wasn’t one but my intolerance would be taken into account when I ordered. When the starter arrived, I assumed this had been taken into account, but I had real doubt that my intolerance had not been taken seriously when the main course arrived with standard helping of Yorkshire pudding and gravy. Rather than cause a fuss I kept quiet and left the Yorkshire. Anybody visiting this restaurant with serious allergy concerns needs to verify and confirm ‘what they order is actually what they get’. Also if last Sunday was anything to go by don’t expect quick service. Not only was the taking of the order slow, the wine took 20 minutes to arrive, the starter took 45 minutes, but worst of all was the twenty minutes it took the bar to produce four gin and tonics when there was nobody sitting near the bar but us! Won’t be returning.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

The sun was shining 16 degrees in the middle of October which was a good start, so we sat outside and waited for our table.
Service was excellent . Food flavoursome. Refills on tea
Only 3 sandwiches which I thought was mean BUT a small cheese flan.
2 warm scones with individual pots of jam then a lovely variety of cakes. We went for a walk along the river afterwards and saw a range of beautiful birds
Two weddings were also taking place and there was plenty of spaces to park. Will definitely be going again

tewinburyfarm, Front Office Manager at Williams Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Judycrook,

Thank you for rating Williams' Bar & Restaurant 5*.

I am delighted to hear that you found the service "excellent" and the food "flavoursome" and that you enjoyed your walk along the river during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Called on a nice sunny afternoon without a booking for tea and scones. No problem and even able to have teacakes. Service prompt and plentiful supply of cream and jams for the scones and teacakes. A pleasant experience. We were not involved with the hotel aspect at all, only the Williams Restaurant.

Dear Arthur C,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Williams' Bar & Restaurant.

I am glad to hear that you found our service prompt and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

afternoon drinks on the terrace while admiring the wedding party & guests then enjoyed the atmosphere and dinner in the restaurant in the evening. Staff very friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: October 2018

Dear janhK4041WR,

Thank you for sharing a review about your recent visit to Williams' Bar & Restaurant.

I am delighted to see that you have given us 5*s and that you enjoyed the atmosphere and found our team both friendly and attentive.

I do hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Was not impressed . Staff were not polite and did not know what champagne they sold with the tea. This should have been and easy thing to remember.
Cakes and meagre sandwiches just left and could not understand what the woman said was in them.
Staff walked off and just did not come back to check on us.