“Very good”
Review of Cowper Arms

Cowper Arms
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A friendly, welcoming pub in the heart of Digswell. Located right next to Welwyn North train station, offering a range of drinks including McMullen's ales and a selection of wines. And fresh homemade food from our new menu and ever changing specials list - (with roasts on Sundays).
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We arrived late on a Saturday evening but were found seats and served very quickly. It is good gastro-pub food and the surroundings are pleasant. The staff are excellent, polite, patient, calm and friendly. Prices are reasonable.

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at Cowper Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Hi

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your kind words. I will pass them onto the whole of the team who looked after you on Saturday evening.

I'm glad you had a good time at the Cowper Arms, enjoyed the food and were well looked after.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here a couple of times before but really disappointed on this occasion. Liver over cooked to shoe leather consistency, slow cooked ribs dry with odd taste (were they left over from the day before??). Although the liver was deducted from the bill, the meal was spoilt. Won’t be coming back.

1  Thank cynicalfrog2018

Hi

Thanks for visiting and for leaving a review.

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the food on this occasion. Please be assured that all of our food is freshly prepared. In normal circumstances I would have preferred to replace the offending dish for you to make sure you leave happy but sadly the kitchen had just closed at the time and all our equipment was turned off and in cleaning.

I hope that having visited before, you will change your mind and choose to come back to us. I hope that you will see this one disappointing experience as a blip in our usually good service.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Myself and my 14 year old daughter love going for the tapas, staff are friendly, nice apmosphere and nice garden to sit in.

Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at Cowper Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi Claire

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your kind words.

I'm glad you like the Tapas, it's one of our most popular things, and I'm glad you are well looked after by the staff when you visit.

I look forward to seeing you again soon,

Thanks

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Great roast, 2 had beef 3 had pork. Great value I would potentially suggest offering a slightly smaller option my wife couldn’t finish hers. Staff were good, appreciate it wasn’t that busy but they could have hid the fact they were having a chat

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Sunday Roasts. And your wife is in luck! We can offer a smaller portion. Next time ask for the modest size and we'll do a smaller version (of beef, pork, ham or chicken roasts only) for £8.

I look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Chose this pub as it was equal distance for both couples.
We were shown to our table quickly enough and drinks came straight away.
It took about 10 minutes before someone took our order which was ok but then 25 minutes before starters came out.
It was at least 15 minutes after we had finished before the plates were cleared.
Then another 30 minutes before our main meals came out,where we also ordered another round of drinks at this time.
After finishing our main meal I went to the bar to ask where our drinks were. A waitress had to come over and take our order again ! She also asked if anyone would like a desert and left the menus.
30 minutes later we had to go to the bar and order our deserts.
All in all the food was just ok bit on the high side but the service was awful

2  Thank Brian C
Dan V, Guest Relations Manager at Cowper Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hi Brian

Thanks for leaving a review.

I'm sorry that your visit to the Cowper left you disappointed and that the service was not quicker or more attentive. Thanks to your feedback this is something that we can train to be better at in the future so that things run much smoother for our future guests and hopefully your next reunion.

Thanks