“1st visit”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Me and a friend popped in for a quick meal as we was out drinking locally,we got seated promptly but the service was terribly slow after that,only 2 tables being used,but we got fed up waiting for a drink and had to go up too the bar too ask,order taking took ages too,but must admit when the food came it was delicious and couldn't eat it all,we asked to take the remainder home,but when we did get home it was all squashed into one pot,my favourite Indian keeps it separate.but not a huge moan..probably wouldn't go back due too the terribly slow service.it was a Wednesday night so I would think weekends are worse..such a shame if they got this right.i would of gave it 5.i did notice a lot of just eat orders on the main bar,maybe these are taking priority over the the restaurant customers,which is a shame as if I ordered through just eat at home I probably would of got my food quicker!

Reviewed 23 September 2016

I ate at the Pavillion last month with two friends. I have eaten at the Pavillion on a number of occasions and found the food good. However, they surpassed expectations on this occasion. The squid was very good although it might be be too hot for some. I asked for a King Prawn Jalfrezi but I did not want a tandori but instead a traditional jalfrezi which was not on the menu. No problem it was cooked to order and it is the best King Prawn I have ever eaten. I would also recommend the Monk fish which my friend had which was excellent The service was attentive but not in your face. Definitely my favourite Indian restaurant in Welwyn.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We went as a group of 10 on a Sunday night, and the restaurant was pretty much empty. Decor is a little old fashioned, a traditional Indian restaurant if you like. The chairs are sagging with age which I found uncomfortable.

Service was good, being attentive without being intrusive. Sadly, the food was a bit average. My onion bhajis had little flavour, the salad garnish had seen better days, but the problem was with my lamb jalfrezi. Now, I know spice/heat is a matter of taste, but mine had 6 of those hot chillies in a fairly small portion, and it was almost painfully hot - and I like hot food! The actual meat was well cooked, but I couldn't really find the flavour under the heat. My wife's Modha lamb was ok, but very very sweet. It has pretensions of being "Indian fine dining" but it really isn't.

In summary, it's OK, but there are much better restaurants locally. Prices are reasonable though, we paid £25 per head for some starters, a main course each and drinks which isn't bad.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We have tried other local Indian restaurants but always return to Pavilion as we enjoy their food the most. The restaurant is nice with modern decor and the welcome/service is good. The menu gives good choices, neither bog standard nor overwhelming. I love the King Prawn Jalfrezi, huge tail on prawns and the spicy sauce tastes deliciously smokey.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Some food might be spicy. Tandoori chicken, the pilau rice and garlic nan are good. Will go back and try other food.