“Loved the music”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2017

This American diner type restaurant serves a wide range of foods but we opted for the chicken and mushroom penne pasta which was delicious. The portion sizes were very large and the pasta was served in a big bowl with a spoon to eat it with - I've not come across this before! The pricing is a little higher than some chain restaurants, but as we ate all of the main course and our desserts we did not feel that it was a particularly expensive meal. The waiter was friendly and the service was good. The music was not quite "background", but as they were the happy tunes of the 50s, 60s and 70s it was something to be enjoyed rather than endured which is often the case when more modern tuneless music is played at high volume in other restaurants.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

I went with my family as a treat before Xmas as I was up visiting as I live down south.There was a very good choice of food + they had an Xmas menu as well. Of course one for the kids. 2 courses £10.95. 3 for an extra £2.50, if you had room!!! Kids had pizza with refill of soft drinks & free pudding as they had Kids Brownie Sundae for £15.50. My family had Bacon cheeseburger with chips, BBQ Chicken & Ribs with chips & myself had Steak & chips, big portions too. We had soft drinks & 1 glass of wine. We all enjoyed our meals. Huge thankyou to Katerina. It wasn't that expensive, but we did have a voucher of 50% off food only which all helps out. I would recommend you sign up for deals on line well worth it. I would recommend & will be back. Its right next to the Cinema. One can book, but we didn't.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

The service at this restaurant was very poor. We went for breakfast on a Sunday at around 10:30 and there were about 4 tables that were being used in the restaurant. However, even with so few people there, it took 35 minutes for our drinks order to be taken. Furthermore the food, when it arrived was cold and did not come at the same time for the four of us at the table.
Waiting longer for service is not normally a problem if the restaurant and therefore staff are very busy, however this was not the case and the staff did not seem to be serving anybody.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We hadn't been to this restaurant for a couple of years after almost burnt food at our previous visit. The food was fine this time - average, not great - what you would expect from this type of chain, although about £3/4 too expensive per dish. ( £15 for burger, fries and tiny dish of "slaw"). The problem for us though was the waiter who constantly interrupted our meal - even interrupting our conversation to enquire whether we would like more drinks. One round of drinks for 5 people cost almost £30, including 2 soft drinks. A large Pepsi is over £3.00. I don't mind paying more for a quality product in a nice environment but Frankie & Benny's - I don't think so. Obviously the ethos is to push the profitable drinks to the detriment of customer service. £82.50 for 5 meals (including one sandwich) and 5 drinks. Should have been a lot better for the price and would have been a far better experience without the pushy waiter who gave us the death stare from he'll when we didn't tip.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

It is about time that the owners of this restaurant chain refreshed the place and bought it into this century. Food is nice, it is what it says it is but more than 3 visits and thats it in terms of variety. Not sure what else to say other than maybe reduce the price and make it feel like good value?