1,064 results
All reviews leisure facilities all inclusive deal leisure club manchester airport weeks parking course meal an early flight bar area flying from manchester plenty of parking pleasant staff family room night stay stayed for one night following morning hale taxi
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner booked through hotels.com and pre paid for the room. On arrival we were told that we hadn't paid and that we needed to pay again and as we tried to explain that we had already paid the receptionist told us we were being " difficult" and that we were causing a fuss ( about paying twice) we then said it's okay we will sort it with the manager in the morning, he then at first refused to give us his name and then when he did muttered something under his breath.we were given no room key so we both couldn't leave the room at once.However the following morning the lady apologised gave us a refund and was very pleasent.the room was also very clean and tidy.

1  Thank charlotteleam
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Firstly I must apologise for the problems you encountered caused by a missed communication but pleased that the matter was quickly resolved in the morning.
We did have an issue with our room key cutting machine around the time of your stay resulting in us have to open doors for guests and whilst I realise it is of little consolation to you now this has now been replaced.
I am sure any future visits will go without any problems.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed ! Room too hot !! No access to room... keys didn’t work! To get in and out had to rely on desk attendant!!!! Sadly I had already paid before finding this out... 5 hours later still not sorted!!! Very poor experience despite polite and apologetic staff... head office need to own this and resolve as a matter of urgency

2  Thank yvonne b
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

As with any business thinks fail from time to time and whilst a new experience for me our room key card cutting machine did fail on Friday and whilst a new one was quickly found there was a time delay between ordering and delivery which did result in some operational difficulty.
Additional staff were on hand over the weekend to assist our clients with room access and can only apologise for any inconvenience this may unfortunate episode caused but pleased the staff handled this in a positive way

Paul Rodgers

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on sat . The room was lovely decorated comfy bed . But I had to open the window wide on arrival the room was warm . Heat coming from the radiator in bathroom . There didn’t seem to be any way of turning it off . After a night out we returned about 2:30 am . Gap under door was letting light into room covered it up with a blanket from the bed . Consequently would also let noise in from ppl leaving rooms and talking etc I could live with that . But at 6:10am been woken by the ppl in the room above walking across the most creaking floorboards I’ve ever heard . This went on for over an hour and a half . This was supposed to be a deluxe room . Deluxe in decor it maybe . For a restful sleep don’t get a ground floor room .

3  Thank Apple37gti
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and sorry to hear that you were disturbed by other hotel users but I am sure you can appreciate this is a difficult one to control. On the positive side I was pleased to know that you found the decoration to be of a good standard and that our new beds a comfortable

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel last year and had a disappointing experience so emailed ahead of this visit, sadly it was worst than the first. Email sent to the General Manager but was never even acknowledged.....Hi Paul,

The reason for my email this evening is provide feedback on our second stay with you which sadly was once again disappointing.
We paid £95, 3 times more expensive than what we are paying for a room in Slough at Easter in a modern, spacious Premier Inn. The Mercure Bowden is quite frankly over priced, the location is prime in such an affluent area, the standard should be far higher, quite frankly it is like staying in Faulty Towers.

My main complaints are;

* The size of the shoebox room we were allocated in, worsened by the worlds smallest bath my 6ft husband struggled to relax in.
* The large opening window had no kind of restrictor on.
* General outdated decor, do you charge even more for newly renovated rooms?
* High step through double doors with no signage to warn guests, definitely needs highlighting due to risk of falling.

I would like to compliment the Dutch trainee who checked us in, she was very efficient.

Overall I am annoyed that I didn’t book earlier as there was a lower rate of £62 on the Mercure website.
I would ask that you refund the difference of £33 to compensate for a second disappointing stay which was our last.

Date of stay: March 2018
4  Thank jen4paul
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Apologies for the delayed response due to a technical error.

Have no record of any e-mail from you and regret you did not enjoy your second stay, prices are very much set according to demand and believe we are competitive in this market place and therefore cannot be compared to a hotel in Slough.

It is true for most hotels that the best deals are to be had the further out that you book and recommend this is a good course to take in future. As a general point we have Superior and Privilege rooms which occupy a much larger footprint than our standard rooms which mat suit your needs should you be considering a future visit.

Paul Rodgers

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Book this hotel for a family overnight - chosen because of the pool being included so the kids could have a splash after a long car journey.

The pool has set hours that kids are allowed but this is not stated on the Web site. The pool is tiny so no use for any real swimming making it even more annoying to restricted hours.

The hotel has miss sold this facility.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank 22Oscar

Sorry for the delayed response and whilst I have noted the comments we do advertise on all websites notes about pool use but regret that you may have missed this resulting in your disappointment.