“Sara was a brilliant hostess!”
Review of Tudor Hall

Tudor Hall
Ranked #137 of 194 Restaurants in Altrincham
Price range: US$12 - US$33
Description: We are an exclusive wedding venue in the heart of Cheshire, situated just outside of Hale. We produce what we believe to be the best Afternoon Tea in the North of England, or so our customers tell us. We would love to discuss your wedding with us.
Reviewed 4 July 2017

12 of us had an afternoon tea for my friend's birthday. Sara who was tasked with waiting on us played the brilliant hostess contrary to several reviews about poor customer service at Tudor Hall. The gardens are beautiful and we had the option of either sitting inside or outside. 2 of our guests were last minute inclusions, but Sara was accommodating.
The only problem we had was the unsightly and poorly managed toilets in our building. Most of our party took to trekking in to the next building in their heels for the cleaner facilities

2  Thank Thandiwe20
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Afternoon tea with my mum for her 50th birthday I called and pre booked the prosseco afternoon tea.

When food was brought out I asked for the prosseco to go with it and they explained that prosseco was not available to to licence, I asked why nobody called us and offered us a date that the package I wanted was available... to a response from the SO CALLED MANAGER well your here for afternoon tea not alcohol! ( how rude ). He said he cannot give out any alcohol for 48hours yet after reading the reviews he said the same thing 2 weeks ago also! What a con !!!!

Plates dirty ........ tea cups came out with lipstick marks on .....tacky ...... carpet unclean .... toilets a disgrace !!

Do not go to the Tudor hall !

So-called owner manager , very rude ! And unhelpful !!

It is a con ! And a waste of money !!!'nn

3  Thank Amee R
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I'd seen a lot of posts being shared on Facebook about this afternoon tea and how nice it was. The photos being shared looked lovely and as this was also a wedding venue in Hale, I thought this would be the perfect place for my hen do. I expected a very high level of service and this fell short at every opportunity.

To start with, no one seems to answer the phone. I called twice to try and book the table and got through to a voicemail that said not to leave a voicemail but to email. I emailed saying I'd like to book a table and got a reply back telling me I needed to call up. There were no apologies about not being able to get through, just that I had to call. I called again and still no one answered. Luckily this time though I got a call back about 10 minutes later. I booked the afternoon tea and paid the sizeable deposit.

The week before the booking my mum offered to help me by finding out which afternoon tea people wanted and calling the venue to tell them (as there's a choice of two on the website). After calling and getting no answer (what a surprise) she messaged the Facebook page asking if people can choose their own. Several times my mum just got the curt response of 'The booking is for 9 people for the picnic bench afternoon tea'. Despite trying to explain that actually I didn't book that afternoon tea I just booked a table for afternoon tea it seemed like we were getting no where. At one point they stopped replying, so we had to chase them. The booking was for Sunday and we first asked the question about choosing which afternoon tea on the Wednesday before. After chasing for a reply we got told on the Friday that if we wanted a burgerlicious afternoon tea we should have specifically booked that at the start, and as we didn't it was automatically booked for a picnic bench afternoon tea. There didn't seem to be any flexibility in our request which was causing more frustration with us and the replies from Tudor Hall getting increasingly more rude and illiterate. We were told that nothing can be changed at this late notice and we should have booked the specific afternoon teas at the time of booking the table. After explaining that it wasn't actually late notice when we originally asked the question (5 days before the booking) and that we just wanted people to have a nice time, we finally got a more pleasant response and told us we could have the burgerlicious afternoon tea. I'm not really sure why that couldn't have been the response originally, as instead it put a dampener on the occasion with all the negativity.

We were then told that if we wanted alcohol we needed to bring our own as they didn't have a alcohol licence at that point (which wasn't great considering some afternoon teas came with prosecco or cocktails etc).

I would have cancelled at this point if it wasn't for the deposit that had been paid but we persevered hoping that the service on the day would improve my overall experience.... it didn't.

We arrived to find the table set up for 8 instead of 9 and then had to pull our own chairs over as there weren't enough seats. We got offered tea or coffee at the start, however later in the meal people who then asked for coffee were told they had to pay extra (although one guests cappuccino came and it was just steamed milk). We got one cup of tea each, considering in an afternoon tea it's supposed to be unlimited I was a little annoyed that despite asking for more tea it never came.

Our food arrived and was very nice, however wasn't all what we expected. The menu says exactly what is on the afternoon tea and there were differences in sandwich fillings, and desserts meaning some items weren't eaten as they weren't liked, which was a shame.

The lady serving us tried to take our benches (which the food was served on) away twice and twice we had to tell her we were still eating from it. It felt a little like she was rushing us which wasn't pleasant.

My other guests also noticed that the toilets weren't very nice and there were snail trails on the carpet?!

Also be careful when booking deposits, we had one guest who couldn't come so instead of using her deposit for the whole bill, they just kept the deposit, despite not actually having to make her food, which was an absolute disgrace. I'd understand if we all cancelled but as 9 people were still attending I'm not sure difference it made that she didn't come.

Such a shame because the Facebook page makes it appear very luxurious which is exactly what I wanted for my hen do and it fell way below expectations on every level.

3  Thank Jennie P