All reviews the pub multi storey bottled water ironing board iron walk in shower eggs royale spare pillows big flat screen tv one way system john bunyan central position appointed rooms lovely river great place to stay visiting bedford lovely hotel family room
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

I would like to offer some feedback regarding the hotel accommodation. I have stayed here 3 times now since the hotel opened and on my last visit (Sat 20th Oct 18) I was disappointed to be honest. The welcome letter describes the hotel as one of the premier hotels in the area but some of your standards do not! The stairway leading to the accommodation is carpeted but this has not been cleaned in some time if ever! My wife and I stayed in room 103 - the remote control for the TV has no back to it and the batteries are taped in!!
I would say the worst thing about our visit was the issue with the toilet flush. I flushed the toilet in the night only to find it did not reset and continued to fill the toilet all night. I did not contact the night porter as I was in a state of undress and did not wish to have repair man in the room in the middle of the night. However in hindsight this is exactly what I should have done as the water running all night was torturous! On check out after a night of lack of sleep and an inability to flush the toilet I reported the fault to the lady on reception who thanked me and said not to worry as that often happens to 103's toilet!
I could not believe what I had heard and left your establishment in shock - surely if this type of fault has occured before and keeps occuring a permanent repair by a qualified plumber should have taken place long before we checked into the room? Definitely not a premier service, a real shame and will put us off booking at the Pilgrims again.

I did try to message wetherspoons direct but there seemed to be an issue with the website - nearly as frustrating as the running water!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mark J, Manager at Pilgrims Progress JD Wetherspoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

We are sorry for the issues you had during your stay with us. We would like to assure you that these are not normal and have been rectified. All I can say is aorry and assure you that it will not happen again.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We stayed here overnight for the Camra Ale Festival a first in a Wetherspoon Hotel. The Hotel was clean and tidy in the traditional Wetherspoon style. Would rate above Premier Inn and Travelodge depending on the price/location. Above the pub no noise apart from some road noise.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mark J, Manager at Pilgrims Progress JD Wetherspoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad that everything was to your satisfaction during your stay and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Central to all,fantastic modern room ,food downstairs very reasonable and extensive menu to suit all,I have paid treble elsewhere for a room that was not even close to the standard of the room I had here ,just fab/

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Mary D
Mark J, Manager at Pilgrims Progress JD Wetherspoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad that everything with your stay went well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

If you staying over in Bedford you could do much worse than choose Weatherspoons. Right in centre of town well appointed rooms and comfy bed. Great value stay would definitely return. Whilst no on site parking, a large multi storey is over road - £12 for over night

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank GilandJulie
Mark J, Manager at Pilgrims Progress JD Wetherspoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

thank you for your review. we look forward to seeing you again anytime.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Overnight stop to break a journey. Excellent value (it was a Sunday night, other nights are far more expensive). Room was large, clean and well equipped, quiet despite being on street side of building. Check in very good, but only accept card payment (always prefer cash myself, an age thing ?). Food, service and drinks up to usual Wetherspoon's good standard. Breakfast excellent. Overall very good and would recommend, although no parking so had to use multi storey nearby. Despite being a Sunday evening, still charged (£10. !!). Not Wetherspoon's "fault", but be aware especially if you are carrying heavy bags.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AirlieJock

thank you for your review. we are sorry about the parking charge, this is out of our hands unfortunately