“lovely pub within the hotel with great food”

Conservatory Restaurant at Crown Hotel
Ranked #73 of 381 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$65 - US$65
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2018

we ate here a couple of nights and drank in the pub a couple of nights, the atmosphere is warm and friendly and the staff are very helpful. a good range of food at competitive price which was also delicious.

Date of visit: August 2018
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Conservatory Restaurant at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience in The Conservatory Restaurant. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time and will pass on your positive comments to the food and beverage teams.

Thank you for choosing to dine in The Crown Hotel Wetheral and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We had a full breakfast in the conservatory following our nights stay; the food was lovely and fresh; the staff were friendly and very professional

Date of visit: July 2018
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Conservatory Restaurant at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Conservatory Restaurant, I am delighted you enjoyed your breakfast and found the staff to be friendly and professional.

Thank you for choosing The Crown Hotel for your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

This is a friendly place but unfortunately the cooking standard is not the best. I had the scotch egg to start which was tasty enough but the yolk was very well cooked, completely dry. The guinea fowl was cooked exactly the opposite of how it should be crispy on the breast side and soggy uncooked skin. On complaining no comment came back from the kitchen!

Date of visit: May 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience, I am delighted to read you found the staff friendly. Please be assured I take all comments on board and have passed your feedback onto the relevant department.

Please accept my apologies for the shortfall you received during your experience at The Conservatory Restaurant, I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We booked Afternoon Tea for four on the afternoon of my husband’s birthday. We only booked it in the morning and were very pleased to be able to book in and were in the McLaren Room.

It was delicious! When we arrived, I mentioned to the staff that it was my husband’s birthday and they brought him a brownie with a firework candle which was a very nice touch.

This was my Mum’s birthday treat to my husband and she was absolutely delighted with everything - the very helpful, friendly staff, the delicious food and the lovely location. And we had to take some home because there was just so much!

We have been for afternoon tea to The Crown on several occasions now and, each time, it has been faultless. We are so lucky to live in this lovely village and to have such a brilliant hotel on our doorstep.

Date of visit: April 2018
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Conservatory Restaurant at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your lovely comments, I am delighted your husband enjoyed his birthday treat and it is such a pleasure to have you visit us regularly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Small portions, good food, well presented, has flavour. Bread excellent.Its good well cooked food. Restaurant is clean.

Date of visit: April 2018
Jewelscrown, Manager at Conservatory Restaurant at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Walton's Bar. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food, especially the bread.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Walton's Bar soon.