“Great food”

Conservatory Restaurant at Crown Hotel
Ranked #72 of 377 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$65 - US$65
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I have stayed at the hotel before but have not used the restaurant. Food was great and service was good. Maybe a little pretentious for me, almost trying too hard I know that sounds harsh but I am still saying it was very good. The view from the restaurant is great and portion size was good. Also had breakfast here the following day where again the food was great but a long time between the toast arriving and the breakfast so that the toast was cold. But again the food was very nice. Staff were nice

Jewelscrown, General Manager at Conservatory Restaurant at Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to review your meal in our restaurant. I am happy to read that you did enjoy the meal and service, I have cascaded these positive comments onto my teams. Please accept my apologies for the delay in receiving your toast in the morning, I have discussed this with my breakfast Manager and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

On behalf of myself and my teams , its been our pleasure to have you stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Paul Hicks

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Look over 100,000+ people have read my reviews and find them helpful because l simply state the 'facts'! This establishment is one of the best restaurants l have ever attended! Whilst we had a buffet type dinner the selection of starters, mains and deserts were simply astounding, the KEY being consistency of quality; each and every selection one chose, was prepared, cooked and displayed with extraordinary care, artistically was pleasurable to the eye. I can say l tried each available dish but three and; each was superb! Yes that's a lot of food even with only taking small portion sizes. The beverage range is a little high in price but pleasing in its range and taste. The atmosphere and comfort equally as good. Look, the fact is l cannot fault this restaurant! What an amazing venue which deserves high phrase. Please do yourself a favour and go by yourself, with friends or family but go! We will 100% be going again this year!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

My husband and I had a beautiful meal here last night and onice again it was excellent. I had the salmon starter and my husband had black pudding and chorizo, then I had the sea bass and my husband had lamb, the chefs sorbet was orange and delicious and I topped it off with the orange and vanilla cheesecake. The food was outstanding as was the service from our young waitress Hannah. If we are going out for a meal for any occasion this is the 1st choice always.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Went for a family lunch bar meal. Decor a little faded. Beers lager and cider ok. Priced reasonably. Food. I had roast beef. 1 slice. Burned Yorkshire. Insipid gravy. Veg ok. Puddings nice. Odd serving size. Asked for horse radish was told I get it for you after I serve everyone else. Asked for portions of chips. As a side for children. Came with the sauce. 10 minutes later. We had all but finished? Had to ask for glasses to be removed. Alex needs to up his game. Reasonable price meals not good service. Not great food. Hot. Clean. That's it. Service really needs improvement would not say don't go. But it may not be as grand as it. thinks it is. Dogs are allowed in eating areas. Don't know if that's a good or bad policy. Guide dogs excepted.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Headed up for a friends 50th - staying one night including breakfast. The room and hotel were lovely, the celebrations took place in one of the function rooms and the food served on the evening was lovely. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Only downside was it was a little pricey and I had to wait 20 minutes for a cooked breakfast in the morning.