“Not the jewel in the crown.”

Conservatory Restaurant at Crown Hotel
Ranked #72 of 374 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$65 - US$65
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Went for a family lunch bar meal. Decor a little faded. Beers lager and cider ok. Priced reasonably. Food. I had roast beef. 1 slice. Burned Yorkshire. Insipid gravy. Veg ok. Puddings nice. Odd serving size. Asked for horse radish was told I get it for you after I serve everyone else. Asked for portions of chips. As a side for children. Came with the sauce. 10 minutes later. We had all but finished? Had to ask for glasses to be removed. Alex needs to up his game. Reasonable price meals not good service. Not great food. Hot. Clean. That's it. Service really needs improvement would not say don't go. But it may not be as grand as it. thinks it is. Dogs are allowed in eating areas. Don't know if that's a good or bad policy. Guide dogs excepted.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Headed up for a friends 50th - staying one night including breakfast. The room and hotel were lovely, the celebrations took place in one of the function rooms and the food served on the evening was lovely. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Only downside was it was a little pricey and I had to wait 20 minutes for a cooked breakfast in the morning.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I had a nice birthday lunch with the family but a couple of aspects were disappointing.
We booked the lunch two months in advance of my birthday to find on arrival that we were to be seated between the entry door and the desert bar, with high traffic areas on three sides of the table.
I asked the waitress for better seating at one of the many other empty table, maybe near the window? I was told " I'm sorry we allocate tables based on when you book, 1st come first served, some people like book two months in advance to get those tables!"
I replied my point exactly, we booked two months ago yet we are expected to sit in the door way.
She went away and came back 5 min later just saying looks like lots of people must have booked early. So if you are planning to book here I suggest getting a commitment on where you will be seated at time of booking.
Over all the food was ok, service was a bit ordinary and in terms of value for money it's very low by comparison with other places I have been.

1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 20 January 2017

As soon as we arrived at the Conservatory Restaurant the service was brilliant. We were first seated in the lounge and served drinks while perusing the menu and then taken through to our table where our waiters for the evening were introduced to us.
The food we and our children had was perfectly cooked and presented. Our meal was the best food we have eaten out.
It was formal enough to feel special but welcoming and relaxing too. We can't wait to eat here again!

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We made reservation first before we came. By the time we came the table is ready. The ambience is nice and I like the decor of the restaurant and the white colour painted. The seafood is super fresh, prawn, oyster, mussle and clam were delicious. The dessert table were plenty of choices and delicious. The service is superb! Definitely we will come back again. We paid AUD340 for 5 people and additional cost fot drink.