Lowest prices for your stay
US$155
Free cancellation until 28/05/21
eDreamsUS$155
PricelineUS$155
StayForLongUS$183
All reviews studio apartment blue bar saturday night family wedding coffee machine continental breakfast lady on reception town centre aparthotel barton roomy toaster prosecco dog
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2020

I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and I have to say that this gem in Carlisle ranks with the best of them. The suites are impeccable. Stylishly furnished and spotlessly clean. We had a "studio" plus a 2 bed apartment for a stay to celebrate my mother's birthday. The quality of finish is superb. Top notch (AEG) appliances, real Nespresso coffee machines, Dualit toasters and kettle, fantastically well equipped kitchens, good showers, comfortable beds and really good pillows. We also ate in the Penny Blue restaurant - again faultless. Great meal and Yann and his team are to be highly commended. Also a great location, right in the centre. Only quibble is that you have to enter and drive across a paying car park to access the hotel's private car park at the rear, which means having to pay a (fairly hefty) parking charge to exit when leaving. They could do with offering free parking or at least a concessionary rate for hotel guests. Other than that, stay here if you get the chance!

Reviewed 18 October 2020

Stayed in this aparthotel on 16 and 17th October 2020. It's fantastic accomodation. We stayed in thev studio but the bedroon is seperate. Our fruends had the deluxe apartment vwhich was huge and to a high standard. Stayed knots of 4/5 star hotels in the UK and thus hotel is up there with best. The food in the restaurant was Michelin star and the service was great. Hats off to Yann (the Manager) and his team for a great dinjng experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandi W
Reviewed 3 October 2020

Booked a last minute night away. From the time I was greeted at reception until I checked out, the experience was exemplary. The hotel is modern and bright and spotlessly clean ( everything looked brand new ). Covid19 restrictions were strictly complied with but not overbearingy so. I ate in the restaurant three times over two days and could not fault it. Excellent food complimented by very good service. Looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2020

We had a great stay here last week. It's not my first and won't be my last. Stayed in a standard room that was fresh and clean. Only problem for me was the noise of the kitchen fans directly outside our window. I hate any type of noise when I'm trying to sleep and can't exactly put that down to the hotel. Luckily this noise went off for the night.
Staff are friendly, especially April at reception (I think that's her name). She's always so bubbly and it's lovely to see when you walk in the door. Also very helpful.
Covid measures have been put in place which is good to see.
The winter spa is a must! Located within the hotel. They greet you so kindly! I had Bethany do my Mediterranean candle massage and it was amazing! She loves to locate those knots haha. Very professional and happy in her job. Had a great stay with my friend and hope to be back again soon!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

1. A friendly, warm and very helpful welcome at reception.
2. Modern, spacious and extremely comfortable room, a great nights sleep.
3. Professional, friendly and extremely helpful staff in Penny Blue restaurant
4. Amazing food and cocktails, a fabulous experience all round.
5. Covid safe yet discrete, they’ve got it right.
Overall a marvellous stay, strongly recommend this hotel and bar/restaurant, we will return.

Date of stay: August 2020