Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$100
eDreams
Hotels.comUS$100
Trip.comUS$100
TravelocityUS$100
ZenHotels.comUS$145
1,619 results
All reviews hallmark hotel train station travelling by train christmas party buffet style saturday night city centre one night stay car parking double room ballroom pubs lakes scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Just got back from spending two nights at this hotel and I’m afraid I have to echo the other reviews on just how run down this hotel is.The room was certainly spacious and clean but I’m afraid the condition of the fixtures and fittings left a lot to be desired,the windows are actually a disgrace and I’m surprised in this day and age they even pass a health and safety inspection.They have removed all telephones from the rooms(so the information in the room said)and there’s a mobile number provided for you to call should you need anything,I called twice and it went straight to voicemail so I then sent a text to ask if we could please have toilet paper but needless to say it never appeared,we got some on our way out off the cleaner.They aren’t servicing the rooms due to limiting the people going in and out of the rooms due to Covid so there was a note pushed under the door where if you required anything you had to tick which and return it to reception by 10am.The standard of this hotel certainly does not reflect the cost and I’m actually surprised that this belonged to the hallmark chain at one time.We wouldn’t return.

Room tip: Parking is £10 per night and there is only 26 spaces so it’s first come first served.
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank cath034
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

I had booked 2 nights for a business trip to Carlisle. This hotel is well located but it isnt in great shape. They also dont answer the telephone. The interior is very dated and the upper rooms arent great. Cheap but it still below par. The rooms are dated but clean. The towels in my room had holes in them. It also takes a long time to get hot water to the shower or taps. 4/10 overall

Room tip: Parking is expemsive (£10 per day) and not guarenteed - even if you pay for your space.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

First impression of this hotel didn’t bode well. They rang me the day of arrival but I couldn’t answer. I called back when I could saying I was returning they’re call just said “no we didn’t ring you” and put the phone down without even a goodbye!

Upon arriving we couldn’t be sure we were in the right place as there was no actual proper signage outside the hotel. Check in was very slow despite there being two receptionists and we had to listen to one of them talking very condescendingly to an older gent in front of us who’s room key didn’t unlock his door accusing him of not knowing how to do it.

I went to the toilet in the reception area, there were white footprints all over the floor and the light was flashing like the bulb was going. By this time I was dreading seeing the room.

We went to our room through dirty corridors and it was dark, dinghy and the furniture was that old that the veneer was peeling off it. The double bed was two singles pushed together with two duvets and a gap appeared between we got in. The bathroom wouldn’t have been out of place in a museum of the 70’s and our window overlooked a sort of wall, although we couldn’t see out of it very well as that too obviously hadn’t been cleaned since the 70’s. We stayed in the room ten mins and left to go out for food. Would’ve left permanently but being bank holiday weekend everywhere nearby was full.

We returned back and after an hour or so around midnight we decided to go outside the hotel for a cigarette. Unfortunately ten mins later we found we couldn’t get back into the hotel. There was nothing to open the door with our keycard, the bell for service didn’t work either, there was a keypad but we had no information on what the code was. We could see reception and there was someone there so we knocked but he either couldn’t hear us or ignored us, the latter I think is true because another member of staff walking past did see us and looked straight at us and walked straight back off (longish silvery hair) ! Eventually a young lad did see us and opened the door and then proceeded to berate us telling us we should’ve used the code in our Welcome pack and again just walked off. The same Welcome pack we never received and having checked in our room when we got back up wasn’t in there either! I’ve never known a hotel not having the key system work from outside in this day and age and I stay in plenty of them.

The next morning after a pretty bad nights sleep we went to make a coffee to find that in the unsightly plastic bag next to the kettle was no coffee, we had milk and sugar but nothing to go with it. Upon checking out we were dealt with by another rude member of staff who didn’t even attempt to ask if we’d enjoyed our stay (I’m guessing because he would’ve known the answer). He talked down to my partner about the car park system.

This place is an absolute joke, rooms falling to bits, corridors dirty, staff rude and condescending. . I felt like I’d walked into a comedy programme. Reviews here are always answered with “we’re due to have a refurb” well this refurb has been in the pipeline for a couple of years now. The best refurb for this place would be burning it down!

Room tip: Avoid the hotel
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Steviefox69
Reviewed 25 May 2021

Never been to Carlisle before and as our first post lockdown break we were really looking forward to it. Came on the Train from Leeds and straight outside the Station is the Hotel, we were early but the room was ready so we were allowed to check in at around 2 pm, excellent!
Carlisle is a small city and everything is in walking distance from the Hotel, some great Pubs and Restaurants all in all a fantastic trip.

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 4 May 2020 via mobile

We stayed here using an Itison voucher.  I suspect this hotel used to be quite grand, but needs a facelift now.  The room was very old fashioned, as was the bathroom.  We had a meal included in our deal and it was ok but nothing special.  Very convenient for the train station and city centre, but certainly nothing to write home about.

Date of stay: January 2020