“On holiday so went with a”
Review of The Sally

The Sally
Ranked #7 of 321 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

On holiday so went with a trip advisor recommendation and glad we did
Great food and service was exceptional
Our waitress was India who was warm and friendly from the moment we sat down till we left , checking in through dinner , making sure everything ok but not intrusive!
Food was fresh and plentiful fish and chips lovely but need more that the Tiny pot of amazing tartare sauce ! Burger and chips got great praise from a picky teen too ! Please make sure you congratulate India for making such an impression she is a real hospitality professional !

Date of visit: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (395)

Reviewed 18 October 2020

Just would like to say thank you
To.all at the Sally
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Everything on the money.so to speak
Stopped their on our way to the lakes
Lovely and tranquil
Def return

Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

We’ve just spent the night at The Sally. What a stunning hotel. So tastefully decorated. Beautiful touches which I suspect would be even better if it wasn’t for Covid. The room was spotlessly clean and the very large bed in Eden was extremely comfortable.
All members of staff we came into contact with were very friendly and attentive.
Dinner was fantastic. The chilli and garlic prawns were the best thing I’ve ever eaten. Lasagne also very good and hubby loved his duck.
Breakfast was also lovely.
The whole stay was incredible value for money. We will recommend and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

Went for my birthday, during the day while the kids were at nursery. Enjoyed the meal and the company. The hosts were great and we had a chat and a laugh with them. Just disappointed I was not there at night as a beer would have been good but had to stick to Coke Zero. The waitress was also good. I will return, maybe at night.

Reviewed 14 October 2020

My friend and I stopped at this pub for food on our hadrians wall walk. Lovely food, obviously homemade. The gnocchi was excellent. The service was delivered with a smile and happy for a chat even though they were busy. Very well thought through covid 19 safety precautions in place also. I highly recommend this place.