“Great for families”
Review of Caffe Sala

Caffe Sala
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Colchester
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Eight of us, three generations, had a delicious meal in a comfortable room to ourselves, next to the child friendly space. Toys, books and a large chalk board ensured the children were happy whilst the adults enjoyed time together.
Delicious food and charming service.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a coffee break while visiting Colchester. Good quality coffee and the homemade cakes are stunning. Wasn't until I was half way through I realised it was all vegan and gluten free, amazing! I'd seriously consider changing diet if I could eat like that every day. Seriously, don't be put off by the dietary tags, excellent product and service.

2  Thank sharkey777
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner had cake and coffee . Absolutely beautiful. We really enjoyed..great little find in the heart of colchester.

1  Thank norfolkjo
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We liked the look of this cafe and decided to give it a try.
A lukewarm reception was followed by instructions on where we would find the menu. This was fine however there was no indication of an ordering process. We found a table which had just been vacated so we cleared the crockery etc. onto a nearby table and sat down. Having made our choice from the menu I left the table and placed the order at the counter and paid the bill. The attitude of the staff remained lukewarm.
Having finished our lunch we made our way out passing several staff on the way none of which acknowledged our departure.
Sadly the level of customer care made us strike this cafe off for a return visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This place is so lovely the staff are so friendly. The coffee is pure bliss and the cakes are divine, I come here regularly for coffee and sometimes cake which is almost always Vegan. Though not vegan myself I do appreciate when places like this make an effort to accommodate people's dietary restrictions/choices as that often have a no gluten/dairy cake specially for those with allergies.

Date of visit: July 2017